Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handymanJ Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Removal of old grout
    Is there anything that you can put on old grout to loosen it so you can take it out easier?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2007, 02:25 PM
    No, I don't know of anything.

I know of an expensive tool: Fein Multimaster Series - Fein Tool Blades & Accessories
    It oscillates.

Dremel makes an attachment for their rotary tool.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 17, 2007, 03:56 PM
    They make a grout remover for the roto zip you can try, or just use a grinder, other than that there isn't many choices

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My grout has mildew [ 4 Answers ]

I just removed the caulking around the bottom of my shower stall (where the floor tile meets the wall tile). The caulking showed little or no evidence of mildew, however the underlying grout has mildew. What do I do, merely disinfect the grout and allow to dry and then re-caulk or do I have a...

Removal of old grout [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to remove old grout from tile?

Cleaning Grout [ 7 Answers ]

I installed ceramic tile in a shower stall a few year ago, however I never sealed the grout. The grout in a few areas have an orange/brown staining. I tried many commercial cleaning products with no success. Any help would be appreciated. mol

Tiling with No Grout [ 1 Answers ]

I have chosen pitted travertine/marble tiles, 4x4, for a kitchen backsplash. The tiles are cut such that they fit together perfectly, and because the surface is slightly "pillowed", the effect of no grout with the tiles placed side to side is absolutely stunning. My installer had me lay out a 3x6...

New grout not looking so good [ 6 Answers ]

I finished tiling my bathtub surround over the weekend, and Sunday night I did the grout. I used 1/8" spacers (on 4 1/4" sq ceramic tiles), and non-sanded standard white grout. I mixed the grout according to the instructions, coated the walls/wiped off the excess with the float, and waited...

View more questions Search