Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 10:53 AM
    Shower Floor Angle
    I am building a cermaic tile shower. What is the angle of the floor for the water to drain into the drainage plumbing? Is it for example 1/4" for every three feet? Thanks, Mike.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2005, 02:42 PM
    Hi Mike,

I don't have the foggiest. We pipe them and somebody else tiles them. Sorry but I just can't give you a figure. Perhaps one of the other experts. Rick? Labman? Regards, Tom
    JeffJordan Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2005, 12:22 PM
    Looks like 1/8 to 1/4 inch per foot
    From Askthebuilder.com:
    A typical ceramic tile shower has a cement mortar base that is just beneath the tile. The thickness of this mortar system can be as little as 1 to 1.5 inches. If you have ever used one of these showers, you know the slope does not have to be significant for water to find its way to the drain. The shower area floor simply needs to slope 1/8 inch per foot to achieve excellent drainage.
    and from the tiledoctor.com:
    The other critical element is that the floor below the membrane must be sloped 1/4" to the foot toward the drain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing rubber gasket in neo-angle shower... question... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a neo-angle shower from american shower & bath co. that we installed about 6 yrs. Ago. The clear rubber gasket for the bottom of the shower door was missing from the box, but since we hardly ever even used the shower in that bathroom, I never remembered to call and check with...

Replacing neo angle shower pan basement [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings... I want to replace my neo angle shower walls and floor pan. I have no problem with the door, walls or working around the shower valve but I am stumped as to how to remove the shower pan and drain from the drain line pipe. Its all relatively new plumbing (6 yrs... plastic piping). What...

Shower floor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a pre-fab shower with a larger, all ceramic tile shower. I know the flooer must be sloped toward the centre drain before tiling. My question is; what material should be used to make the slope before installing the membrane. Motar or thinset? Please let me know. Thanks Randy395

Replacing neo angle shower base [ 1 Answers ]

I am replaceing a neo angle shower base in my basement. How does the base/shower drain come off the pipe? Is the drain cemented/glued to the pipe? If so, how would I cut it? Could it possibly be some sort of compression nut? Thank you! Robby

View more questions Search