Ask
    YurinJose Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Red about old blood dischargre
    Red the old blood dischargre n help:confused: :confused: :confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 06:42 PM
    What is your question hun? The color of old blood is usually brown, are you having that? Or is yours red?

Oct 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Yes is brown and I was reading that is old blood but I wanted to know what can I do or should I worry?? It also has an awful smell that I want to know what can I use
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
    What does it smell like hun? Are you on your period, or is it irregular bleeding?

Oct 6, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Its just a bad smell!! No am not on my period am 30 weeks pregnant
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Oh wow hun you need to go see your doctor. Bleeding in this stage of pregnancy is not usually normal. Go to your doctor, asap!

Oct 6, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Yes I know I been to ER already but they said it was normal but I don't think it is and the smell is really killing me
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 06:59 PM
    What did they do at the ER? What did they say was the cause of the bleeding? I don't think its normal either! Go to Labor and Delivery (the section of the hospital where you have the baby), not the ER!

Oct 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
    They did send me there they said it was noraml I was there for a day and they check me said anything is fine but it won't stop and its brown old blood with a really bad smell
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Have you ever been diagnosed with placenta previa? Did they do a sonogram?

Oct 6, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Um no I don't know what that is!! But they did do a sonogram and they said everything was fine!
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Ok I have my pregnancy book in front of me now, and this is exactly what is says :

Signs of Pre-term labor

-Change in vaginal discharge such as change in color of mucus, leaking of clear fluid, spotting or bleeding, or a vaginal discharge with a fish-like odor.
    There were other symptoms listed as well but I only gave you the discharge part as that's what you were asking about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

I saw a ghost while frying an egg then the egg turned blood red! [ 6 Answers ]

I was cooking at my fiance's Grandparents old farm house. I was standing at the stove frying eggs and noticed something looking at me from the other room. I looked and saw a shadow like creature disappear behind a wall. I looked back at the pan and the eggs were blood red! I screamed and then...

Big blood clots, bright red menstration [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone that has any thoughts are more than welcome. I am a 31 year old mother of three. My youngest just turned a year 2 months ago. I had been treated with laser surgery about 3 years ago for pre-cancerous cervical cells. I have not been back to my OB since my follow up after having James....

Bleeding very red blood during sex. Not painful. [ 1 Answers ]

Ive recently went on the contraceptive pill whilst my bf was on holiday. I had been on it for 21 days, when i had sex with him (as he had returned) so my break on the pill was due the next day. I had not experienced any bleeding before this time. Whilst we were having sex i looked and noticed...

Bright red period blood [ 1 Answers ]

My period started today and the blood is bright red I don't ever remember it being that color in the last 15 years. Is this something I should worry about? It also is very heavy and came on very fast no cramps or any of the other signs I normally get with a period usually I can tell ahead of time...

View more questions Search