Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnb84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Installing a New Bathroom Drain
    Hi,

We are turning the garage into a master bedroom but we ran into a problem. We do not know how to install a new drain for the bathroom the closest drain is the washer in the utility room 10 feet away and we on a concrete slab can you give us some advice on how to go about installing the drain.

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 6, 2007, 05:30 AM
    The washer drain line's too small to connect a bathroom group to. You will have to locate the main and connect to that. Let me tell you how a typical bathroom group roughs in.
    Most bathroom groups are roughed in like this.
    Toilet connects to sewer main or the stack vent. Lavatory connects to toilet drain and runs a vent off the top the stubout tee out the roof or revents back into a dry vent in the attic.. The toilet wet vents through the lavatory vent and the tub/shower connects to the lavatory drain and is wet vented by it. This is a normal rough in and is acceptable both by local and state codes and also The Standard Plumbing Code Book in 90 percent of the country. Check your local codes.to make sure you're not in the excluded 10 percent.. The vent off the lavatory may be run out the roof or revented back into a dry vent in the attic or if you're reventing back into a fixtures dry vent you must make your connection at least 6 inches over that fixtures flood rim.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Installing new bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

Just a few questions. I have a new house with a rough in bath for a shower and toilet, etc. There is a 12"x12" crumbled square where I believe the drain should be for the shower. Is that correct and what will I need to connect that to the shower drain? Question #2. For the toilet the large...

How to remove a bathroom drain pipe with popup drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am repalcing a bathroom faucet and the new one came with a replacement drain pipe. How do get the old drain pipe out of the sink? Thanks for you help Steve

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Installing Basement Bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Very Novice Do It Yourself'er, Installing Comode 20' from line in basement. Already jackhammered concrete. What slope should I use on the line going from the new lav to the main. My thoughts are about 2.75 inches down for every three inches of pipe. I'd like to go less but I'm not sure if that...

View more questions Search