Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SOL in Virginia Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Violation of probation
    I am very distraught tonight over being found guilty earlier today of a trespassing charge that my husbands "best friend's" wife took out on me just because they & several other "friends" did not approve of our recent marriage. I was given 90 days w/time suspended. The thing is I'm already on a 5yr probation (3 sprvsed/2 yrs unsprvsed) over a CROOKED assault & battery charge w/my teenaged daughter (The judicial system in my town is extremely underhanded--I can't WAIT to say GOODBYE & GOOD RIDDANCE!
    My question is, how will this new charge affect my probation? I know I have to inform the p.o. in the morning but am I going to be put in jail for violation??
    Please help as I hate to have to wait until the morn to find out.
    Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SOL in Virginia
    My question is, how will this new charge affect my probation??
    Hello SOL:

There's no way to tell. There are a jillion factors that go into it, and I don't know any of them. If it were me, I'd plan for the worst and hope for the best. So in the morning, I'd take to the probation office, my toothbrush, and my lawyer.

excon

Oct 4, 2007, 09:07 PM
    WOW, Gee thanks.
    But I do appreciate your response>>I waited up for it & I'm really emotionally tired so thanks.
    I saw you have quite a reputation... Thnx for using it to help others.
    PS
    Hope your livin' a "GOOD BOY" life?
    Take care & I might be back w/an update for you
    Out of Luck

Oct 7, 2007, 05:57 PM
    This is for EXCON,
    I said I would get back to you soon as I talked to the Probation Officer sho said now she has to write me up & I have to go before the court & it's up to the judge what happens from there. And If I appeal she said it just buys me more time.
    So I'm guessing eventually, I'll be finishing my probation in jail That's 4 yrs!. I have cried all weekend.
    I have another ques. A friend of mine said to bring the lawyer who represented me in this charge when I go w/the P O to court & have him explain to the judge that he did not do his best in representing me. That there were evidence to prove my innocence but he failed to use it. Is this possible ? Could he say something on my behalf in regards to my hearing & can the P O also comment on her experience w/me in the past year as far as my following our monthly appts, clean urine & keeping her posted of my where abouts as a positive on my behalf?
    SOL
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Hello again, SOL:

Yes, he can talk about how good you are. No, he can't (and SHOULDN'T) talk about your innocence. You've already been found guilty. They don't want to hear anything other than how sorry you are. They certainly don't want to hear that you're innocent.

I doubt you'll do the whole thing in the slam. They'll probably give you another shot in a while.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: Hello, I actually have a question about Probation Violation. My cousin was just arrested last night after police arrested him for a warrant. We didn't know why he was getting arrested as he did not either. The we realized it could have been a ticket that was not paid. My question is Is that...

Violation of Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My son was issued a warrant for his arrest in the state of ny for a probation violation. He failed to go to see his probation officer for two months. Will he go to jail for the duration of his probation? Or will they give him another chance at probation?

Probation violation [ 4 Answers ]

I completed all that was require from me to finish my 2 year probation except my community service hours. I have court on June 15 What are the outcomes for my court hearing. I do not want to go to jail and it is my first violation do I need to get a lawyer, what will the judge give me as options. I...

Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine is on probation in the state of New Jersey. He is supposed to be off in 3 months, and last night was pulled over in the state of New york and given a ticket for possession of marijuana. NY law is that it is decriminalized and he just got a ticket, however... is this a violation of...

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I received a underage drinking ticket and am currently on probation for that. I received a violation of probation for missing one of my alcoholic classes, because I had class conflicts at my university. I am working two jobs and going to school. Does this Violation in Indiana require me to go to...

View more questions Search