Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    V_Tech_Stick_Shift Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 12:34 PM
    2000 Civic EX Battery Light
    My battery light came on a day prior to me testing and replacing the battery. The light is now indecisive of whether to stay on or off. Also my RPM fluxuates more so than it has in the past. It will either idle at apx. 1300rpm or 500rpm... My guess is this is the alternator... any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 01:07 PM
    The battery light is on, due to the low rpm. I suspect erratic rpm is a function of Ignition Control Module (ICM) failure. Here's what it looks like and costs:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

Here's how to replace it yourself:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

If you prefer, AutoZone will test your old ICM for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic passed emissions test but failed MIL/Check Engine light [ 2 Answers ]

My 2000 Honda Civic EX had a smog test and it passed the emissions but failed the engine computer test, so they say. They told me to drive the car 30 to 40 miles so that the computer would reset. Sounds a bit strange to me to have to drive that many miles to reset the car computer after the...

Honda Civic battery light and speedometer [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a '97 Honda Civic LX, 4-dr, automatic transmission, AC, and about 63K miles. The problem: the battery light was coming on occasionally, even with a new battery. Mechanic could find nothing. Now the light is coming on and staying on most of the time. Car has no starting problems. The...

2000 Honda civic EX Cab Light won't turn on when door is open [ 1 Answers ]

I've been driving a 2000 Honda Civic Ex for about 6 months and just recently I noticed that the cab light won't come on when I open the door or unlock the doors with the remote. This problem came about unexpectedly and I have no clue as to why. It can be turned on manually (flip the switch) but...

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback battery light [ 1 Answers ]

My battery warning light came on... what does that mean? If there are multiple possibilities, how do I narrow it down?

93 Civic - Battery Light issue [ 7 Answers ]

My battery light came on (while the car was running) today for the 1st time in over 5 years with my civic. Even with a dead battery, the light never came on while running. If rev the engine to 3000-3500 rpms, the light starts to fade, so I suspect that the alternator is about to go (very soon). ...

View more questions Search