Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmt111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 06:52 AM
    1991 Honda Civic Hatchback battery light
    My battery warning light came on... what does that mean? If there are multiple possibilities, how do I narrow it down?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 08:13 AM
    1. Ensure battery is fully charged.
    2. Most major auto parts stores will test your alternator for free.
    3. Check idle speed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Honda Civic [ 15 Answers ]

I have a problem with my 91 Honda Civic. The ECU codes are 1, 6, 7, and 17. I can start the car fine. After running about 3-4 minutes just idling it begins to seem to choke for fuel. Giving it more gas will help, but it still wants to sputter. If I drive it after starting it it will run fine...

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback [ 6 Answers ]

I have read the previous post about late 80-91 hondas. My car idles great and always starts on the first try. My problem is that it sputters or looses power once in a while when I am driving. It has never stalled while driving.I have taken it to the shop and they have checked everything they think...

1991 Honda Civic [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic,4 Cylinder, Standard 5 Speed Transmission, 4-Door, not an SI, with 95,000 miles on it. I just recently purchased it. It will crank but will not start. I have a friend who is a mechanic, and he has been trying to get it running for me (for free) but I am getting...

93 Civic - Battery Light issue [ 7 Answers ]

My battery light came on (while the car was running) today for the 1st time in over 5 years with my civic. Even with a dead battery, the light never came on while running. If rev the engine to 3000-3500 rpms, the light starts to fade, so I suspect that the alternator is about to go (very soon). ...

View more questions Search