Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skeeter721 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
    2001 Dodge Ram
    Hello, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4 X 4. The ABS light has come on my dash and the speedometer quit working. Took the truck to advanced auto and they said it was the speed sensor. I replaced the speed sensor... still no speedometer and the light is still on. Dealership told me to try replacing the abs sensor. Did that still nothing!! Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? Thanks!!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter721
    Hello, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4 X 4. The ABS light has come on my dash and the speedometer quit working. Took the truck to advanced auto and they said it was the speed sensor. I replaced the speed sensor....still no speedometer and the light is still on. Dealership told me to try replacing the abs sensor. Did that still nothing!!! Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? Thanks!!!
    Do you remember the code or did they just tell you it was a sensor?
    And which ABS sensor did the dealer tell you to replace?
    skeeter721 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 12:13 PM
    They told me it was the speed sensor on the transmisson ~ no code. The dealer told me to replace the one on the dif and the one in the rear.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
    If the ABS light is on, there will be at least one code stored. Without that vital info, it would be a tough diag. Check all the fuses and inspect the connector terminal at each connector involved. Look for bent or corroded terminals and possibly water intrusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Dodge Ram overheating [ 11 Answers ]

?? I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 that recently needed the water pump replaced. After replacement the truck kept overheating. I then took the liberty to replace the thermostat as well. I replaced the fan & clutch assembly as well. As far as hardware is concerned, that leaves only the radiator...

2001 Dodge Ram [ 1 Answers ]

I had to put my heater on in my 2001 Dodge Ram on a hot day (85 degrees), I noticed water dripping from the front firewall. I opened the hood and noticed a small tube (1/2" in dia.) protruding from the firewall that the water was dripping from. It was just water, no antifreeze. Is this normal? ...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 A/C [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with the a/c in our dodge 1500 4x4. Looking for a leak but can't seem to figure it out. Anyone know of where to look for possible leaks etc.

2001 Dodge ram [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the dashboard from my 2001 Dodge ram in order to hard wire by sirius radio?

View more questions Search