Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcaban Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 06:44 AM
    All oxygen sensors are bad
    My check engine light is on and I got my catalytic converter replaced and that wasn't the problem. I used a scanner to determine what codes I would get and it's reading Bank 1 and Bank 2. It's not specifying which sensors. I know one of the codes is PO430. Does this mean that all four of my sensors are bad when it doesn't specify any individual sensor.

Please help
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaban
    My check engine light is on and I got my catalytic converter replaced and that wasn't the problem. I used a scanner to determine what codes I would get and it's reading Bank 1 and Bank 2. It's not specifying which sensors. I know one of the codes is PO430. Does this mean that all four of my sensors are bad when it doesn't specify any individual sensor.?

Please help
    What year, make and model and what engine option?
    I have resources I'd like to check...
    Rarely do all sensors fail simultaneously.

Sep 28, 2007, 06:56 AM
    I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra 1.8l
    Mileage 150k
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 07:03 AM
    I will look at the diag charts for the P0430, but you said, "One of the codes..." Are there others as well? If so what are they? And were all the codes cleared after the cat was replaced?

Sep 28, 2007, 07:13 AM
    The codes were cleared after the new cat was installed. The 2 codes that were displayed were PO430 and PO420.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Both of those code speak to catalyst efficiency. I don't have access to dealer diag charts on that car, but what I've read since your OP is that further hands on diag will be the best. Who is doing your repairs?

Sep 28, 2007, 07:44 AM
    A friend of mine that is an mechanic will be doing the repair. Is there something else that I can purchase that will help me to diagnose which sensor it is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Altima Knock/Oxygen sensors [ 7 Answers ]

Want to know where the Knock Sensor and Oxygen Sensor are located in 1999 Nissan Altima GXE. Has anyone try to replace them? If yes, please share the procedure. Thanks in advance!

Where are the oxygen sensors on a 1992 Honda Accord [ 3 Answers ]

I spoke to a mechanic and he said the oxygen sensor is located under the car towards the back of the engine. The manual indicates it is in the front by the exhaust manifold. I'd like to know where it really is. Thanks Carl30

Oxygen Sensors [ 1 Answers ]

This questions is related to oxygen sensors on cars-trucks- Does an oxygen sensor detect lack of oxygen underneath the carriage of a vehicle? Is it possible that an oxygen sensor will cause the engine light to turn on because it is working due to the manifold exhaust being cracked? Thanks

Oxygen Sensors [ 6 Answers ]

I own a 2002 Nissan Maxima. I recently had a "service engine soon" light come on. The car has approx 49,000 miles on it. I purchased a OBDII diagnostic device which said I had a faulty O2 Sensor on "Bank 1, Sensor 2." There are 4 O2 sensors on this car. All have color coded shielding on the...

View more questions Search