Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toyenthusiast Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Materials used for wet rooms
    In new house construction, I am wanting to build a steam shower/bathtub room. You first walk into the shower and then tub. Actually, I have two questions. Are there any products besides tile that I could finish the room surfaces with? I hate to fight the mildew on tile grout! And, what kind of waterproof windows and exhaust fans would I need to put in the room so it does not become too damp?
    Thanks for your help!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
    You can use marble slabs, we use to do a lot of that before tile became so big. As for the waterproof windows you may need to call a window company for that, at least I don't know of one to recommend for you.
    As for the fan, get one with the most cfms. Now they also make some just for a steam shower, that has a light with it, check Lowe's or home depot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safety in locker rooms [ 2 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I was at the gym and I put my stuff in my locker and put a lock on it. After 2 hours when I came back my lock was broken into and my purse was gone.I had Everythnig inthat purse it was a horrible experience.How can people be so ugly and mean. So what I would like to know is...

Fitting molding between rooms [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys I just installed pergo flooring in my living room. After leveling the floors it looks great, but the floors between the rooms don't match up just right. The kitchen floor is about 1/4 inch higher on one side of the doorway than the other. What is the best type of molding to use, the 4...

A/C Unit cooling some rooms, not others. [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first time posting here, and I have yet to see any other board with this particular type of problem on it, but there could be... Anyway, I rent about a 30 year old trailer/mobile home with central heat and air... since it has started getting extremely warm/hot already this year, I've...

Renting the Rooms in Apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please let me know about what all are the responsibilities of landlod while renting the rooms in a town house to the professional people. :confused: Regards Sumit

Two Kids rooms [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 13 year-old boy from a previous marriage and a newborn on the way. My boy is only with me 5 days out of every two weeks because that's the schedule he wanted. Well the extra bedroom at my house which is a little bit bigger than his now, with a larger closet, my wife and I use the room as...

View more questions Search