Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2007, 09:51 AM
    What makes someone suicidal?
    What makes someone suicidal? Is it thinking about killing yourself, thinking about death, trying to kill yourself? What actually makes someone suicidal?
    yourman64 Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2007, 09:54 AM
    When a person is suicidal they are probably suffering from depression, which is sometimes triggerd by a loss of a loved one or breaking up with someone
    yourman64 Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
    All of those
    Sandie718 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 09:59 AM
    I think what makes a person suicidal is they feel they have no one to turn to, and the pain hurts so bad and they get tired of being tired. Mostly people feel alone. They shut themselves from the world, withdraw from family and friends, cry a lot or show no emotion at all. Or they can feel they are a burden to everyone and don't like feeling that way.

Sep 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandie718
    I think what makes a person suicidal is they feel they have no one to turn to, and the pain hurts so bad and they get tired of being tired. Mostly people feel alone. They shut themselves from the world, withdraw from family and friends, cry alot or show no emotion at all. Or they can feel they are a burden to everyone and dont like feeling that way.
    Is it possible to feel that way and not be suicidal?
    Sandie718 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Yes def. More people feel this way than you know.

Sep 26, 2007, 10:16 AM
    I think I have an idea...
    mustangchristy77 Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Sep 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman64
    when a person is suicidal they are probally suffering from depression, which is sometimes triggerd by a loss of a loved one or breaking up with someone
    I work for a Psychiatrist and "suicidal" usually means that the person has spoken openly about committing suicide or making plans on how to committ suicide. Lots of people think about it from time to time but mostly this happens when there is a death or loss of some other sort. Other times it can be triggered by loss of employment, sickness or something that the person feels like they can't handle. Most people who think about suicide are depressed and should see their doctor because mild depression can lead to major depression and this is usually when suicide comes into the picture. If help is obtained when the thoughts first present themselves then the doctor can prescribe medication and get you back on track before hitting bottom. The sad part is, people usually think they can handle things on their own and forego seeking help and months later they usually slip into major depression and end up needing to be hospitalized to protect themselves and to get them started on medication to get them stable then they are released they are referred to an outside doctor who will continue to check their progress and medication management. I must add... they do not lock you up and keep you in the hospital... if that is where one chooses to go. Most times the stay is 2 weeks and in severe cases it can be a month or longer. Hope this helps you some.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
    True loneliness
    VictorMindfield Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 08:14 PM
    What makes a person feel like they want to die?. life. Are you happy? Are you sad? Which is it? Because there IS room in this world for both. Now what gets you there is different. ALWAYS KNOW. The end isn't till the end. So just wait if you REALLY want to die.

In other words?? Suicide means you want people to see that you hurt so much you will kill yourself. You want them to take you seriously. And when they don't.. you begin to question if you really meant it to begin with. So you start cutting yourself to see how far you will go.. Don't be stupid... if you are.. then they win. Simple as that.

Experience.
    anonn9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 03:12 PM
    What makes someone suicidal?

I looked this up because I think I am suicidal. I constantly feel like no one cares. Like no one would really care if I died.

One day I remember I was in the car with my mom and she almost got us into a fatal accident.. she freaked she got so scared that her life would've been over that second. But for me... I didn't even flinch.. thats the sad part.. I didn't even move. You want to know why? Because I didn't care if I died at that moment. I wish I could appreciate my life and want to keep it like others. I wish I was happy more than sad. But I'm not.. I hope one day I will be but to be honest... I just don't think I ever will be.

I think being suicidal means you have no fear in dying. You plan suicide, and are constantly pushing yourself away from others.

So I answered my own question..

Yes.. I am suicidal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal thoughts. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello my name is Riley and I have just turned 13 years old. I have no friends, I get bullied at school, I fail miserably in everything that I try and there are allot of other things going on in my life that I could not even begin to describe. Anyway ill get straight to the point, with everything...

How do you know if you are depressed/suicidal? [ 24 Answers ]

I sleep a lot, I don't call friends back most of the time, I hate how I look, who I am, etc... This sounds stupid but I have planned how I'm going to die. Either in war or at age 60 by heart failure . Im not sure if this is depression or suicidal, or neither? How do you know? I never cry...

I have issues [ 23 Answers ]

If someone draws suicidal pictures and has suicidal thoughts but never tries to commit suicide, does that make them suicidal?

HELP! Suicidal! [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend has recently gone off to uni, I'm stuck here without him. Recently he cheated on me and I don't no what to do I love him and I want to be with him, but he thinks its best to break up as he wants to experience other girlfriends. I was his first love and he was mine. Neither of us have...

Best friend.. suicidal [ 6 Answers ]

Last year my best friends dad killed himself, she was the one who found him and has never talked to anyone about this... either family friend or otherwise, recently she told she has been acting out of character, she doesn't really seem to care about her actions and has told me she has had thoughts...

View more questions Search