Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Obsessing over exes
    Am I weird? Never in my life after a break up or doing a break have I sat around wondering what the other person is doing. I've never been obsessed with it or found myself wondering at 2am if they are having sex with someone else at that moment or if they are out having a great time.

I've done plenty of other things like trying to figure out where the relationship went wrong and why it happened etc but never crazy over what the other person is doing.

Am I the only one? Can someone explain to me why people get obsessed like this?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I only wanted revenge. The really bloody type.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 07:28 PM
    I think people who obsess like that are basically selfish. They see things only in terms of how they feel. They are worried that someone else is taking something that belongs to them. That IMO is not love, it's obsession and it is unhealthy.
    I think there are a lot of people who have never been told No! They have always gotten what they wanted, they have been told they are entitled to anything they want. And when when some one says to them "I don't want you anymore" They just will not accept that. You can't have what you want is not a concept they understand.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Never have I obsessed about anything but a clean house... oh and AMHD! LOL You want to leave... ok see you! Later tater... Move on now. Startover is a good way of putting it!
    Brandon25 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm going through the same thing. I'm thinking its some sort of separation anxiety.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon25 View Post
    i know exactly how you feel. im going through the same thing. im thinking its some sort of separation anxiety.

This is from 2007 - please keep an eye on the dates.

There are lots of recent posts that could use answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm sort of seeing my exes best friend but noew my ex wants me back [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, thank every one for previous advice it helped a lot. But now I have an even bigger problem. My girlfriend dumped me and I tried so hard to get her back but she kept sayng no and ignoring me, I started getting closer to her best friend because she understood me and felt for me because...

Friends with Exes? [ 13 Answers ]

This question relates to my other post; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/frusterated-ex-48920.html This one may be better worded.. :) Me and this guy dated for a couple of months until his insecurities and trust issues finally drove me away. We are long distance and it was just...

Obsessing over having baby [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been wanting to have another baby for about a year - with no luck yet. I found this forum just a couple of days ago & really liked the answers & support that everyone seemed to give. I have even asked several questions about this subject. My ordeal is that I seem to be...

View more questions Search