Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbuckley04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Deprovera Shot
    I have been off the shot for close to 6 years. I received again today my husband wants to know how long it takes to start working?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:24 AM
    It becomes effective about 24 hours after it is given. (Source : Family Planning Council: FAQs)

However, to ensure that you have the best protection possible, I would use another form of birth control (such as condoms) along with the Depo for the first month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deprovera Shot? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: I'm just wondering how long you have until the shot wears off? I am waiting for my insurance to go through, but in the meantime I am 5 days past the due date for my next shot! So I am just wondering how likely it is that I will get pregnant and am I taking a big risk having sex while...

Deprovera shot when do I need my next one [ 3 Answers ]

I took my last shot in February, Im not to sure when I will need my next one can anyone help? The exact day was feb 4th

Deprovera Shot [ 3 Answers ]

I was on depo for approximately 5 years & didn't have a cycle during that time. My last depo shot was September 2006. Since then I now have a cycle again, but have not been able to get pregnant. How long does depo stay in your system? I thought that once my cycle started again, I could...

Deprovera shot [ 1 Answers ]

Im 39 yrs old my dad passed away of heart problems and I smoke cigarettes they say I should not take the pil and the depo shot is better and safe for me is this true

Deprovera Shot [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to get pregnant while on the deprovera shot? I have been taking it for 5 years, only missing it 2 times. Once last year the other time 2 years ago. :confused:

View more questions Search