Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    V-Urbina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Deprovera Shot
    Is it possible to get pregnant while on the deprovera shot? I have been taking it for 5 years, only missing it 2 times. Once last year the other time 2 years ago. :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Yes, it is possible to get pregnant while on Depo Provera. Remember that no birth control is 100% effective other than abstinence.

Now the percentage of pregnancy on Depo is small, it is still possible.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Any time you have sex, it is always possible to get pregnant. I knew a girl when I had my first son that got preggy while on the shot. It is pretty rare, but possible. If you think you might be preggy, definitely go talk to your ob/gyn about the possibility and get a bloodtest to rule out the possibility ,so you don't renue your injection if you are preggy.
    V-Urbina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Deprovera Shot
    Will an over the counter test work to find out if I am preggy?:confused:
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Yes, if the pregnancy hormone is high enough to be detected. Since you probably don't know the date you ovulated however, it might be more accurate to get a blood test done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deprovera Shot? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: I'm just wondering how long you have until the shot wears off? I am waiting for my insurance to go through, but in the meantime I am 5 days past the due date for my next shot! So I am just wondering how likely it is that I will get pregnant and am I taking a big risk having sex while...

Hot Shot [ 2 Answers ]

How Due You Start A Hot Shot Company With The Oil Field Company's And How Due You Bid For There Business?

Deprovera Birth Control Shot [ 2 Answers ]

Ive only been on the Deprovera for about a month. And I know I am over due and me and my husband have been sexual active. I stopped bleeding and know I'm starting to . I feel as if I have no engery. And I'm wondering if I may be pregnant. I also am feeling as if I'm very bloated. Please HELP!

Deprovera Sufferer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a young woman and I have recently gotten off the Deprovera shot about 2 months ago. I have recently had sex and I am scared that I may be pregnant. As you know, on the shot you do not get your period. I haven't had mine for about 2 years. Since I've gotten off the shot I haven't gotten...

Question about deprovera shot [ 3 Answers ]

So I have been on the deprovera shot for over five years and recently took myself off. My shot was due in November and I decided to not take it anymore. Well I'm stupid and I ended up having unprotected sex and my period still has not come and honestly I have not had a period for about five years...

View more questions Search