Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strong__dan Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Cops are stupid
    Okay last night there was a road check stop thing so I pulled over and automatically took my seatbelt off cause it's a habit and he gave me a ticket for it and wouldn't even tell me till after he gave it to me. I had two other people in my truck with me if I fought this could I possibley win? :confused: tips would be so helpful
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Yes, you can fight this. You two witnesses would be your backup. As for the cop, how was he to know you did not have your belt on before you pulled over? I did not know cops were required to have ESP.

That being said, fight this ticket.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 01:40 PM
    So strong_dan, a canajun eh. And you took of your seat belt because the cop stopped you because you said it 'was habit'. Why is that, because you were stopped, but hold on a minute, strong_dan, you didn't turn off your ignition did you? Why Ill be a monckey's uncle. And in Saskatoon yet, and you were just so bored with the evenings or days happenings that you just had to tease the cop a bit??

My dear canajun, I am canajun too, only living in Ontario and if I am stopped, which is rare, I don't take off my seat belt and don't turn off my ignition unless the policeman tells me too.

Yes, you fight it and I hope the stupid cop, as you say, turns up in court and nails you for whatever he wants to.

Its $500. Dollar infraction in Ontario for driving without a seatbelt. I hope you're your stupidity pays it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will the cops come after me for attempted shoplifting (they can track me down)? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all! I am currently in a lot of student loans due to my University education, and thus last week I was poked by the devil and I decided to try and shoplift. My friend had recently bought 3-4 DVDs from FutureShop (similar to BestBuy in the US) here in Canada, and I basically took the receipt...

Bathroom cops [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Do you feel that using cops to catch people trolling for consensual sex is a good use of public money? excon PS> I'm glad the right wing hypocrite got busted. He WAS entrapped, however.

Should I call the cops on my dad? [ 50 Answers ]

SHOULD I CALL THE POLICE ON MY DAD? He sold drugs in front of me, threatened his girkfriends, and a lot more things.. Will they do anyhting about it even though he sold drugs like two years ago? He still does it but I seen him do it two yrs ago.. I want them to do something about it but I...

Neighbors from Hell! The Cops called over corn! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I am desperate so I am glad to have found this site. I will be as brief as possible. :) So I live next to the neighbors from hell. This is a development and they have 2 beagles. They have an invisible fence and the dogs have fun run of the yard and will bark at the air....

Cops mess up bad [ 1 Answers ]

This morning on the way to work I got pulled over. The cop said he ran my plate number and he said my license had expired. I just got my license in march. I guess he couldn't read because right on my lic. It said it expires to 2008. They impounded my car. I lost a day at work. Cause they messed...

View more questions Search