Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerryd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Painting a dark room
    I have a bedroom where the walls are a dark burgandy color. There is also writing on the walls from a black majic marker. I want to paint the walls a light color. How do I cover the dark wall and marker without it showing through?
    Should I use a primer first? If so, what type of primer?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 5, 2007, 05:37 PM
    You may want to use kilz primer for this, it doesn't have a lot of white pigment for coverage but it will help cover up the majic marker. After this use a good (new construction primer) and it should say that on the can, or bucket.
    This type primer has a lot of pigment great for coverage of dark colors.

Laytex is good to use for all this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

Painting my rec room, should I... [ 13 Answers ]

I'm having the casing going around the mid height of the room, some call it a chair stop? Anyway, it will be a 2 tone room, chocolate brown and an off white-beige kind of colour. I was going to put the dark colour on top and the light on the bottom... or is their a general rule of thimb to this...

What is the best way to get rid of dark spots when painting [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently painted my bedroom blue. But when the paint dried, I noticed that I have some spots that are much darker then others. What is the best way to get rid of those? I have thought about painting over the dark spots with the original color of the wall... then going back over them...

Painting over dark colors [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a home and the old owners had one of the bedrooms painted this almost navy blue walls. How can I cover this in the basic navajo white without 20 coats? Thank you

View more questions Search