Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2005, 03:36 PM
    Capacitor Size
    I have a Goodman heatpump Model CPLJ30-1 1/6 hp fan motor. What tonage is this Also it has a GE Capacitor 97F9834 5uf 36 uf What size capacito is this? It is the round one
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2005, 09:21 PM
    ''5uf 36 uf '' Is it a 2 section capacater, 3-4 terminals. If so, the 5 and 36 are the sizes for each section. It is not a u, but a Greek letter.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2005, 02:47 AM
    Yes it is a 3 terminal and it is 35 not 36. Does the 30 in the model # somehow indicade the tonage? If so how?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2005, 07:55 AM
    According to the product information on the unit at the Goodman website, the 30 represents both the heating and cooling BTU per hour rating.

If I remember correctly, 1 ton of air conditioning is equal to 12,000 BTU/H.

http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer/s...edSite=Goodman

The GE capacitor #97F9834 is obsolete, but is available from many other sources, such as:

http://www.ptacunits.com/catalog/fri...s__3808692.htm

The cap is rated in dual micro farads 35 MFD and 5 MFD. Dual rated caps are uses to run both the compressor, and the fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of capacitor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

Use of a capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

Capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the fan, motor and the capacitor on my old Kenmore condenser unit. The unit runs well, and cools the house properly. Unfortunately once it cuts off, the motor will not turn unless I jump start it by turning the fan with my hand. Once it start again it runs fine and cools the house...

A/C Capacitor [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what would cause the capacitor to burn up on my A/C unit?

AC Capacitor Leaking Oil [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to replace it or can I just clean it up & replace it when it breaks down?

View more questions Search