Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snydersx5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Toshiba TV has sound but no picture
    I have 4 yr old Toshiba 32 inch rear projection flat screen TV. Worked fine last night but today it has not picture, the sound works, I can change channels and hear the sound change, tried showing a DVD and still no picture. Tried the MENU option and still nothing shows on the screen.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 03:48 PM
    First make sure something didn't pop out. Perform a hard reset of the TV and also provide mild vibration to the TV to see if there is any change in video.

It is more than likely loss of high voltage or a horizontal amplifier circuit board malfunction. If it is one of these culprits, it would probably cost you about $200 - $300 to repair, which might mean it's time to get rid of the TV and spend the money on a newer model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No picture but sound coming on TV [ 3 Answers ]

My Onida Tv is 4 months old All of a sudden it went black but the sound was coming Tried turning it off and on for a few days but was unable to get any picture. Finally took it to the service center since there is no home service in Saudi Arabia. He turns it on He does nothing and it comes. So...

Mitsubishi VS60603 sound, PIP, no picture [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have this TV which is about 7 years old. Recently, the picture no longer works (screen is blue). I tried a couple of hard resets but still the same issue. The sound, PIP, and the menu screen are fine, but if I leave it on for say 5 minutes, it shuts itself off as well. This all happened...

Sound but no Picture on Toshiba ZP38 series Television [ 1 Answers ]

Well here goes - the last couple of days the following has been happening Turn on tele and there is sound but the screen displays a myriad of colours that change shape continually and then shortly after the picture appears - this has progressively gotten worse over the last couple of days. Now...

TV only thin line for picture, has sound [ 2 Answers ]

My Panasonic TV screen only shows a thin line through the middle of the screen. I can hear the sound and the line that's there changes color, etc if I change channels, to match what would be on that channel. What causes this and is it worth fixing? Or should I just look for a new TV?

Toshiba Satellite Pro Sound Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. The sound works fine through earphones or external speakers but here is no sound coming from the built in Titanium speakers. I've heard somewhere that this may due to a joint breaking on the headset jack socket, can anyone shed any...

View more questions Search