Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Goopy Eye.
    I hope someone notices this.

I put my cat outside today (we normally keep her on a harness outside, and she plays in the grass). When I went outside to check on her, she had something on the corner of her eye. I thought it was just that goopy stuff that everyone gets so I wiped it off. But later on it was there again and now its on the bottom of her eyelid and in the corner of her eye. I'll try washing it with a warm cloth but any advice on what else I could do? The vet is sort of expensive.

It's hard to tell the color of the goopy stuff, I think its white.

Help!
    amberandfrank Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2007, 01:00 PM
    You need to take her to the vet. Cats sometimes get eye infections just like us. The Vet will most likely give you a medication that goes on the eye and the infection clears up within a few days. But please take you cat to the vet!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Get her to a vet!! Be careful you aren't messing with what is called the "third eyelid" -- a very real part of a cat's eye--or messing with something wrong with it. Here's a link:

Protrusion of Third Eyelid in Cats
    donia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 02:05 PM
    But its not on her eye its in the corner between her eye and her nose.

I was just wiping it off with a warm towel, I read somewhere else to try regular visine, but I was too scared to try it.

Its just that the vet is pretty expensive, and we already spent 300 dollars on her this summer (she got a boil on her neck)

My mom doesn't want me to keep putting money down on the cat. Because we've been having money troubles.

But I haven't seen it since Sunday. She had a tear in her eye yesturday but that's it.
    amberandfrank Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2007, 02:08 PM
    When my kitten got it, it was in the corner of his eye and maybe you can work out some type of payment plan with the vet. There is also per insurance
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Is she an orange tabby?

My mom, a farm girl, had showed me how to mix a solution of boric acid and water when my cat's eye was goopy. (It was back in the 1950s when people didn't take animals to the vet, plus this was a barn cat that had wandered to our house.)

Read this (and Google "boric acid cat" without quote marks):

Yahoo! Answers - How many parts of boric acid and how many of water do I mix to make a solution to clean kittens mattered eyes?

You can buy boric acid at drugstores, maybe Home Depot (call first), and large grocery stores (call first).
    MarthaA Posts: 48, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 14, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donia
    I hope someone notices this.

I put my cat outside today (we normally keep her on a harness outside, and she plays in the grass). When I went outside to check on her, she had something on the corner of her eye. I thought it was just that goopy stuff that everyone gets so i wiped it off. But later on it was there again and now its on the bottom of her eyelid and in the corner of her eye. I'll try washing it with a warm cloth but any advice on what else i could do? The vet is sort of expensive.

It's hard to tell the color of the goopy stuff, i think its white.

help!
    Look for an animal feed store in your area [Yellow pages under "Feed Dealers"]. Feed stores usually carry antibiotics for farm animals and more than likely will have a suave that will help the kitten's eyes. If after you have exhausted this possibility, the vet is the only alternative, but I would try the feed store 1st.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby fever and goopy eyes after 1 yr shots [ 3 Answers ]

Its been about a week since his 1year shots, my son has a fever and goopy eyes... what can we do to get rid of this?

Can't see eye to eye. [ 29 Answers ]

Hello All, I have read many of the postings here, and I'm hoping someone can help me out a bit. Ill do my best to make this short and sweet :) My girlfriend of 3 years has never liked drinking alcohol, in fact she despises it. I can understand her point of view entirely, due to family...

We don't see eye to eye on anything! [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 9 years. We have 3 children (my oldest is from a previous marriage). About 2 years ago, my husband and I started having major problems, most of which unfortunately stemmed from us using crystal meth. We have since gotten off the drugs, but the problems are...

Eye for an Eye? [ 5 Answers ]

This is really the flip side of Phil's GOTCHA thread... I am really very curious about this: When does someone being an a$$ make it so that you can be an a$$ too? I am not sure I can come up with even one plausible reason to make this work. It seems to me that an a$$ is an a$$ and that...

Vein under only one eye [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 currently, and I have always grown up with minor bags under my eyes. They have not been a really big deal, since I use a damp/cold cloth in the morning to reduce swelling. But, in the past year or so, an unsightly vein has appeared under my left eye. I use the cloth every morning to get...

View more questions Search