Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabitha15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Baby fever and goopy eyes after 1 yr shots
    Its been about a week since his 1year shots, my son has a fever and goopy eyes... what can we do to get rid of this?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
    You really need to take your child back to the doctor. Infection after 1 week is probably an infection and nothing to do with the shots. esp. if the fever has just started the fever. Goopy eyes usually mean Eye infection and if not treated properly can cause serious infection and shut down of vital organs. Also after meds are taken for this, returning for a doctors follow up is very important. Your hands and anything that touches his eyes need to be cleaned. Pink eye/conjunctivitis is very contagious.
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Sep 2, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Give the baby motrin for his fever, I have a 1 year old who just had his 1 yr shots and his fever usually spikes very high with infants tylenol but this time I used motrin and he was great

Of course we went through the fussies all week because he got an ear infection in both ears the week after he had his 1 yr shots
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Take back to the doc. May or maynot be a reaction to the shot. Better to be safe than sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old with fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 year old has been running a temperature for the past couple of days. Motrin does help keep it down, but I'm concerned because he keeps complaing of having something in his mouth. Periodically he will start wimpering and tell me "get it out mama" and when I tell him that nothing is in his...

My dad's fever won't go away [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. My dad has had a high fever for about four days now and it won't go away. He already went to the doctor but he won't take the medication. He says his body will just run its course. He's about 53 and in pretty good physical...

Persistent Fever [ 2 Answers ]

In the past 2 months, I have been regularly facing a weird problem of body temperature. During certain periods of the day i.e... when I get up in the moring, noon and evenigntime, my body is warmer, I feel feverish. I am 28 years old lady. Married in April 2006. I have not yet conceived. I...

Hay fever [ 6 Answers ]

I've had hay fever since I was about 18. It isn't quite as bad now but still there. Has anyone ever outgrown it or does it tend to last for life?

View more questions Search