Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teo32579 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Connecting ground wires on ceiling fans
    I am attempting to install a ceiling fan. I have a question about attaching the ground wires. There are three ceiling wires (red, white and black). There is a green wire coming from the ceiling bracket and one from the downrod. Where do I attach the ground wires?
    Amateur installer
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Connect the two green wires together. The one in the down rod grounds the fan and rod. The one from the bracket is grounded to your conduit.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Good answer.

It is always a good idea to connect whatever ground wires you have together, whether they are green or bare.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting ceiling fan wires [ 4 Answers ]

I have two white and two black plus the ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is one white, one black, and one blue wire on the ceiling fan... I have tried everything but cannot get the light to work on the ceiling fan... How should these wires be connected so that the ceiling fan and light...

Ceiling Fan Ground wires? [ 2 Answers ]

So I took my Aloha breeze ceiling fan apart again. Now I connected all the wires like the instructions say. I connected the black ceiling to the red remote, white ceiling to the white remote, the blue remote to the blue fan, black remote to black fan, white remote to white fan, and both green wires...

Connecting Ceiling Fans To Hot Air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: Wondering How Too Connect Two Ceiling Fans To My Hot Air Furnace, So When The Furnace Blower Comes On, The Ceiling Fans Would Also Come On Automatically... the Building Is Block, 30 Feet By 40 Feet With a 14 Foot High Insulated Ceiling, Used Only As A Storage Building & Usually No One...

Wiring Ceiling Fan with Two Ground Wires [ 6 Answers ]

Trying to install a ceiling fan... From ceiling: white, black, green and copper wire From fan: white, black, blue and green Connected white.white, black & blue to black... QUESTION: Do I connect green from fan to green in junction box, or to green and copper in junction box? If...

Red wires and ceiling fans [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an existing celing fan. The outlet box has 3 wires, red black and white. It's not clear which is the ground wire. Also, the fan directions say that there is a ground wire coming from the motor, but there is not. There is, however, a grounding wire on the mounting...

View more questions Search