Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertmorr1999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 01:31 PM
    New sink pipes won't drain
    My bathroom sink was leaking from the pipes underneath it so I replaced all the pipes going into the wall and also replaced the trap. The pipes don't leak anymore but for some reason the sink won't drain, it takes about an hour for a little bit of water to go down, how can I fix this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2007, 01:56 PM
    What type of lavatory do you have ? A regular bowl or a vessel sink, ( a lavatory with no overflow.)? If a regular bowl then run a snake up into the wall and clear the line. If you have a vessel sink click on back. Tom
    robertmorr1999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 10:35 AM
    It is a regular bowl. The thing is before I replaced the pipes it drained perfectly, it's only been since I replaced the pipes and trap that it has been draining slowly. Would cleaning out the pipe in the wall with a snake fix it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Would cleaning out the pipe in the wall with a snake fix it?

That would be the advice that I would give. You must have lloosened some crud built up in the pipe walls when you changed out the pipes. Remove the "J" bend from the trap and send a snake up into the wall for about 6 feet. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vanity drain offset from pipes under sink [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a space-saver vanity where our old, larger vanity used to be. I failed to notice that the existing pipe is now not lined up with the new vanity drain. It's about 4"-6" from the top of the existing trap to the bottom of the new vanity and 4" off-center. Is there such a thing as a...

Bath sink won't drain, pipes clear [ 3 Answers ]

We installed a bath sink that repaced similar one... older house, sink drains into floor not wall... has a "s" pipe, as before, but now won't drain after water runs a minute... then it gulps and a bubble comes out. Then drains very very slowly. Help!?

Sink pedestal to go around pipes 8 in. Apart [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any sink pedestals out there that have open backs (I know Kohler does not) that can fit around pipes that come out of the floor that are 8 in. apart. The inside of the pedestal base would have to measure 8 or more inches in order to fit around the pipes. We know we can use a vanity...

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

View more questions Search