Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lekmon5555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Dental implants
    Hi

Can tooth implants be done at anytime or this has to be done soon after extraction. Is this something I can do later on because I don't believe I want the tooth bridge thing.

Thanks
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
    It's usually easier to do it at the time of the extraction. If you wait to do it you will start losing the bone that supports the implant and may need a bone graft before an implant can be done. If an upper tooth is to be replace by an implant a sinus lift may also need to be done. The sooner the implant is done the better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brest implants [ 4 Answers ]

I'm thinking about getting implants. I'm currently a 36c and would like to go to a 36d, however I'm very scard that I will not wake up from the surgery. Has anyone out there went through with the surgery even though they were scared to death? If so are you happy with the results?

Dental work [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old single mother of two. I need a lot of dental work and I have no dental insurance and cannot afford to have this work done. Almost all of my teeth are broken down to the gum and they always hurt. I think what hurts most is that I cannot smile or laugh anymore. I hate talking face...

Dental Health [ 2 Answers ]

I seen in my kid , Extra two teeths grown back of moral teeths ? Why ?

Partial or implants [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a lot of dental work done from neglecting dental appointments. My work is all done except for 3 missing bottom molars. For implants and crown, It will cost me around 7000.00. Or for around 2500.00, I could get a bottom partial with 2 back molars on one side, and one back molar on...

View more questions Search