Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walterramona Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Daughter has to go
    We have a almost 20 year old daughter that will not keep a job.no one will hire her because she would get a job then want off to go party and when they said no she would quit.She dropped out of high school and later said she wanted to join the army she started night school to get a ged and it turned into a party place and she dropped out a years or more went by (all this time we my wife and I an other kids are suffering her bad moods cussing at us etc. She then again said she wanted to get her GED and join the Army we said OK and helped her get her GED,Now that she has it she's back to the abusing us (the family ) and saying she doesn't want the army going out drinking at night and sleeping all day. We finally told her she has to go in the army or get the hell out we are tired of her abuse and not doing any thing with her life.We feel bad about it but she effects every one even the 17 year old sister she hates and her 13 year old step brother she hates to.The little ones are A&B students and stay out of trouble other than the norm.She is always so mean to every one and tells her friends we are so bad to her but we just try and ignore her when she is acting like a butt.But after a while even steel will bend if you sit on it long enough.

We just need to know we are doing the right thing and read as much support on our disission as possible eeven thow she is my step daughter I love as if I help make her becaseu she has been in my life from 7 years old.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 02:08 PM
    First of all, please only post your question once. When those of us who are able to help you come online, we will, but multiple posts will be deleted.

Okay, back to your question. Tell her bye bye, she is 20 and it is time she lives on her own. Take her to a recruiter... Offer to pay first months rent on an apartment. But as an adult in your home, she lives by your rules. If she can't then she needs to find someplace else to live.

Although... You don't mention how your wife, her mother I assume, feels about this. My advice may change if her mother is not on the same page as you.

Aug 21, 2007, 02:13 PM
    My wife is in full agreement our daughter tells her how she only cares about her self and loves all of us more today she screemed at her and said some day the other kids will grow up and leave and me to and she will be all alone.My wife and I through all this have a wonderful marriage she is my soul mate and I am hers
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Then time to pack her bags and tell her if she wants to be all grown up, then to do it on her own time in her own place. Period, no discussion.

That is your home and you, as parents, deserve respect. If she can not or will not respect you, then she needs to leave.

It's called tough love and most of us parents have to use it in one form or another at one time or another.
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 02:24 PM
    walterramona agrees: It let us know as a mom and dad we are human also
    Of course you are human, without both or one of you, she would not be human. LOL

How many times have you heard "I brought you into this world, I can take you out"

Yes, it's hard being parents, no one ever said it was easy, but you have to stick to your guns. You have rules, she breaks them she is out. She is a grown woman. Sometimes it takes something drastic to change a person like her.

Time to do something drastic. Make her responsible for herself.

Aug 21, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I know this kind of sounds dumb but reading this kind of makes me feel like crying and I am a 49 year old guy Thanks for your help my wife will get a copy of this and If you beleave in God... God Bless you and if not my your higher power shine on you : )

Bye
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
    There is nothing wrong with crying. If it makes you feel better, do it.

Yes, I believe in God and will keep you in my prayers. Please keep me posted on what happens, and remember, we are here to support you when and if you need it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Time to pack her bags and set her out.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
    I'd tell her she has two choices. The military or the street. Give her 24 hours to make the choice, then take her to the recruiting place or pack her bags and put her out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Daughter [ 3 Answers ]

It has been over 10 years that my daughter has not spoke to me, or let me know where she was with 2 of my grandchildren. Then out of the blue she calls me, not to see how I am but to see if I can tell her how her son is doing that lives in this town that she has not had anything to do with in the...

They WON'T let me see my daughter! [ 5 Answers ]

End of May 2005 I lost my house due to financial reasons. I stayed until the very last day and that is when law enforcement came to the door and "evicted" us. I had previously been searching for another place to live but had no luck in that. Sadly, my three children were there to witness the...

I don't like my daughter [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter is 23. She has a 5 month old daughter.She's in recovery (been clean from drugs for a year)She makes horrible choices with her life.Her credit is shot. The man (he's 40) that is the father of her daughter is an addict and still has the dream of being a rock star. They are physically...

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

My daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my daughter her father is not around at all

View more questions Search