Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 12:03 AM
    Kentucky Law: Breaking a lease!
    I got a job out of the state of Kentucky and I want to know,if by law I have a right to break the lease without any legal problems?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Hello timika:

No, you'll have lot's of legal problems if you try. Why do you think you should get out of your legal agreements scott free? That doesn't happen in this country.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 06:01 AM
    No, unless your lease says you can break it because of a move out of state. But can talk to your landlord and see what sort of buyout or deal they will make you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Some states do allow for early termination for military personnel, but just a job change doesn't cut it.

Your best bet is either negotiate a buy out or a sublet.
    sweetpea1997 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timika
    I got a job out of the state of Kentucky and I want to know,if by law I have a right to break the lease without any legal problems?
    Check your lease. Usually there is something written in there about certain situations they will allow you to break your lease for. A job relocation is usually one of those reasons. According to my lease, they do require written proof from your job stating they are relocating you. If your lease doesn't say anything about this, ask your leasing office manager. Good luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea1997
    Usually there is something written in there about certain situations they will allow you to break your lease for. A job relocation is usually one of those reasons.
    Actually it is UNUSUAL for there to be an early termination clause. And if there is one, its unusual for relocation to be a valid reason. But its good advice to check the lease to see if one does exist. If there is an early term clause, there is usually a penalty attached.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

Fl Law on Breaking an Apt lease [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I wanted to find out what is the law in Florida when you have to break an apt lease upon purchase of a home? Is it mandatory to have to give a notice?

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Kentucky Mobile Home Park Law [ 4 Answers ]

What Are The Laws Regarding Eviction Of A Tenant In A Mobile Home Park Where They Own The Trailer. I Have Already Given 30 Written Notice And They Won't Move... And Won't Pay Rent What Do I Do

View more questions Search