Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Theogirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Fl Law on Breaking an Apt lease
    Hello,

I wanted to find out what is the law in Florida when you have to break an apt lease upon purchase of a home? Is it mandatory to have to give a notice?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 30, 2007, 02:15 PM
    The law in nearly every state is that you can't break a least just because you bought a home. You will be responsible for the rent until a new tenant can be found plus advertising cost. If the landlord has multiple units yours will not be the nedxt one rented. They'll rent any vacant unit first and yours isn't vacant from their point of view. They have a tenant, you. Maybe it will be cheaper/wiser to delay closing on the new home. You can always ask to be released from the lease but that's a long shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Breaking a lease [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are residents in Kentucky and we are in the middle of a lease and are breaking it due to changes that we aren't happy with in our complex. The want us to buy out at $1900.00 I am trying to not pay this because of maintenance having to do repeat repairs and the are often slow at...

Breaking lease in NJ [ 5 Answers ]

Tenant wants to break lease. If we do not cancel the lease, he threatens to sublet the apt. Our lease stipulates no subletting without our written permission. He claims that he is being recalled to active duty in Naples, Italy. However, he has not shown any proof and has recently changed firms....

Can I break my Apt. Lease if I buy a home 40 miles away? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a Camden apt. home. I am buying a house in Arlington and I live in Plano, Tx. About 40 miles away. I am moving for work. I have heard that since this is considered a "change of lifestyle". I will be able to break my lease and not have to pay any penalties. I contacted my leasing...

View more questions Search