Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 7, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Is is a UTI
    I had my labs taken over a week ago my doctors office called me today to inform me that I have a UTI?
    I don't have any signs of one no burning or diffuculity urinating..
    Could they have been wrong since I always know when I have one and this time I didn't?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 12:49 PM
    This was through a urinalysis? Probably not, you may just have one so slightly that you aren't showing any outward signs yet.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 7, 2007, 12:52 PM
    It was through the urinalysis she said that it showed up a high count and they want me to start antibotics right away.
    I have been having some fevers and cold chills along with being so drained the last week or so, In fact I haven't been feeling all that well but I just thought it was the pregnancy since I'm 13 weeks, but the tiredness just makes me want to fall and I've been having some lightheadedness almost every time I get up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Chills and fevers sound like an Upper UTI, a kidney infection if you will. They don't typically have the painful symptoms as a lower UTI (bladder infection). Backache, fever, chills, fatigue, all symptoms of a kidney infection.

It is necessary that you take the antibiotics prescribed you. You are past the 12 week mark now, so all should be well.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Yep its true, not every one experiences pain when they get these infections. A friend of mine got them several times and never knew till she got the urinalysis results saying she had one. Another important reason to go to your doctor for regular prenatal checkups. Glad they caught it and are getting you on antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

UTI/Bacterial Infection [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm 8 weeks pregnant and when I pass my urine I feel very little burning and even see some white blood cells in my urine and can even smell some foulness. I talked to my Doctor about it but she said even if I've any Bacterial infection/UTI I can't be treated until I finish my First Trimester.I...

Does my boyfriend have a UTI? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Im new to this but I have a question. I don't know if Im allowed to get really specific or not but my boyfriend told me yesterday that he felt sort of itching or some sort of burning but on the inside of his penis not the outside. He says that when he uses the restroom it sort of burns him....

Do I have a UTI? [ 8 Answers ]

Last night I noticed I had a frequent urge to urinate but, little came out. This morning my urine was sort of pinkish and the same thing was going on. Do I have a UTI? I am sexually active and a 16 year old female. My parents do not know that I am sexually active and I don't know how to confront...

UTI now Cystitis and pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am 7 weeks pregnant 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a UTI I was put on some antibiotics but they didn't work so I went back to the Dr who gave me some other type of antibiotics, this time sending my sample of to be tested further. These antibiotics eased the UTI but I don't think it...

View more questions Search