Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielle2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Last name change
    My daughters bio-father had his rights terminated by the courts and is no longer legally associated with her in anyway how can I go about changing her last name to my last name? She wants her last name to be the same as mine and so do I
    momo2lilgls Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I know in WI, all you have to do it take it through court. After a change has been made, the court allows one free change for last names.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Think you double-posted... but like I said in your other posting, normally you would need to get the fathers permission to change the last name (I'm going through it right now), but if his rights have been legally terminated then you just need to call the Probate Court in your state, fill out the paper work, and file for a legal name change.
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Aug 6, 2007, 11:46 AM
    It is very easy, go through the courts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name change [ 2 Answers ]

My son was adopted by his step dad after my divorce in 1991, we have since been reunited and he wants my last name. How do we get this done. Is there a certain government agency we need to go to?

Why did she change like this? [ 4 Answers ]

Second post after what I found out about my ex yesterday: If you haven't read the other... that's fine... I'll just summarize a little here: Bad breakup. I tried and tried and she was very mean. I apologized and admitted my wrongs and she, to this day, has never said sorry for anything. ...

Name change [ 1 Answers ]

My biological father is not listed on my birth certificate, instead my sisters father is, my question is how do I go about getting this changed?

Change os [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop that I would like to change win98se to xp what is the procedure

View more questions Search