Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starcar7160 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Name change
    My son was adopted by his step dad after my divorce in 1991, we have since been reunited and he wants my last name. How do we get this done. Is there a certain government agency we need to go to?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 11:43 PM
    You have no same right except the legal father to allow it.
    lynnfarnham632002 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 11:54 AM
    All you need to do hun is go to the courts and fill out paperwork and then go in front of a judge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name change [ 22 Answers ]

My husband was previously married to a woman who had 2 children who weren't his and they had 1 daughter together. He had the other 2 children change their last name to his to make it easier to carry them on his medical insurance at work. They were not together more than maybe a year or a year and a...

Name Change [ 2 Answers ]

I have sole legal custody of my two daughters in Washington, DC. My ex husband is entitled to supervised visitations only and he does pay child support. He however, has not seen the girls in five years and has maybe contacted them once in the last two years. My question is, "can I legally change...

Who can change your pd [ 3 Answers ]

Why would the courts change a pd with out cause?:confused:

Need a change... [ 6 Answers ]

I am feeling so fed up lately, don't feel like I am living at all - only existing. I know the path I am currently following is all wrong. It was a good escape from my last job; but now I can see that I need to change course and venture down a new path. There are opportunities waiting fro me, but...

View more questions Search