Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Pregnancy and not missing a period
    Can you still get your period and be pregnant? I am on the pill and I am feeling sick to my stomach but have not missed a period what is going on?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:38 AM
    If you are on the pill and have not missed a period the chances of you being pregnant are slim to none. Take a HPT with your first urine of the day to ease your mind. No you can't have what you call a period when you are pregnant but some women do experience bleeding during early pregnancy. If you are in the being of you pack you may be experiencing nausea due to the hormones in the pill. Good luck.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    If you are on the pill and have not missed a period the chances of you being pregnant are slim to none. Take a HPT with your first urine of the day to ease your mind. No you can't have what you call a period when you are pregnant but some women do experience bleeding during early pregnancy. If you are in the being of you pack you may be experiencing nausea due to the hormones in the pill. Good luck.
    Great answer, the only thing I would add is there is a difference between a period and pregnancy bleeding, and you would be able to tell the difference. Pregnancy bleeding can either be spotting, or a very very light flow. Where a period usually has a heavy flow to it.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Right on star! Bit of a difference there!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Feeling sick to your stomach could also be effects from the pill. If you have missed a pill, or haven't been taking them at the same time every day, or have been taking medications that lower the effect of birth control, it could be possible that you are pregnant. However, your chances are lower. Take a test, just to reassure yourself. Good luck
    pineapplehead78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 08:09 PM
    OK I feel sick am getting sick but had my last period last month but missed this one, my husband lives in america and we tried 5 times a day for 3 weeks in November then I got bleedin the 31st of nov,I'm home now in ireland and thought I'd have a period the 31st of dec or around, haven't had it yet and vomiting a lot? Help me. My period in nov was light but I still bleed all the same? Confused.com :(
    gbanks33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 08:00 AM
    All throughout last month and still this month, I've been feeling pregnancy symptoms. I've been taking my birth control pills regularly for about 3 years. I've always had pregnancy-like symptoms before my period but this past month they were more pronounced and a lot worse than normal. When I got my period it last about 4 days whereas normally it lasts about 6. also in the beginning of my period I was bleeding a lot heavier than I normally do, and when I tried to use a tampon as I normally do it was like a sharp pain in my uterus. I'm wondering if I'm pregnant or its just my imagination hoping I am.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing period due to pregnancy or breastfeeding? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have an 8 month old which I breastfed for the entire time. As she is eating more solids & stuff, we're still bfing, just not as much. I have had spotting on & off since baby was 4 months. I had an entire period last month (6/24) and now I'm not! It was due on 7/25. I had intense...

Missing period pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18 and I only took birth control pills for a month and one week. Right after I stopped taking the pills, I had my period right after on that Sunday. Its been four weeks already and I still haven't gotten my period. Could it just be irregular because my body is changing from not taking the pill...

On the pill, missing my period. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 20, married, two kids, 2 1/2 and 4 months. I started on the pill for the first time about two months ago. It is Loestrin 24 Fe. A 4 day period at the end of the pack instead of 7. I had a lot of spotting the first month. But this month seemed more normal. I was spotting about a week...

Missing periods but negative. Pregnancy tests! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am 23 and my husband and I are trying to conceive. I stopped taking my birth control pills the first of January. I had my January period, then skipped February and March. I took many home pregnancy tests and one blood test, all were negative and my doctor explained that it was normal to...

Missing birth control - ovulation timing? Chances of pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

So here is my situation... any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been on because for about 8 years. About two weeks into my pack (rougly 03/16) I lost it and therefore stopped taking the pill. My boyfriend and I had sex everyday (without protection) from about 03/30 - 04/08. On...

View more questions Search