Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    turbo15479 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Briggs & Stratton camshaft Replacement
    I have a 3 year old Husquavarna lawn tractor with a 21 horsepower B&S 2 cylinder engine with 104 hours on it. It started to backfire and had little power on the right cylinder. Afer doing some looking I took off the valve adjustment cover and the top push rod barely moves so I am assuming a lobe wiped out on the camshaft. I am very good at working on cars but I never did a small engine. What does it take and how do I change the camshaft in this engine? Thank You.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Cam may not be problem, Binding or broke spring could limit travel.
    Shop Manual best if considering Camshaft replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 hp briggs & stratton [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 hp Briggs & Stratton model # 31P777, type # 0348-E1 that is blowing oil out of the screen on the fuel pump. It will blow out about 1 pint by the time I finish cutting my yard. Any ideas?

Briggs & Stratton 18 hp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a troy built riding mower with an 18 horse briggs... this starter gear often sticks in the fly wheel and will not start unless you turn the fly wheel back by hand... I have replaced the starter and still have the same problem... the engine runs fine at all speeds but the problem still exists...

Lawn Mower Cord Replacement - Briggs and Stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the cord of my MTD Machine/Briggs an Stration engine. After poping the cover guard off, there appears to be 4 screws holding in the enclosure containg the cord. The screws do not appear to be those that can be loosen with a flat, phillips screwdrivers or allen wrench. What...

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

View more questions Search