Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cherish1869 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Adoption of stepchild
    How can my soon to be husband adopt my 4 month old son?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Is the father still living? He will have to formally give up his parental rights before your new husband can adopt your son.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Make a good faith attempt to locate the biological father and be prepared to present evidence of such attempt to the court. Then consult with an attorney who'll draft a motion to adopt. Once the motion is signed by you, your husband and the judge, the adoption is legal and binding. If you do manage to locate the biological father, he'll have to sign it as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married and my daughter's real father lives in other state. He chose not to be in her life. I wanted to know how or can my husband adopt my daughter?

Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know can you explain to me what open adoption is

Adoption [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was adopted 7 years ago with my twin. We were adopted from St.Petersburg, Russia and I really want to find my real Mom. I know that there might be a slight chance she could be dead because she was a serious heroin user. I am 16 and I feel like I am at a point in my life in which I am ready to...

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was adopted by a wonderful couple when I was only 3 months old. They never hid that from me and I am grateful. But 3 years ago I was contacted by my birth siblings. They are all nuts. I feel sorry for them. I was so lucky to have been placed in a loving home. I don't want them to call or come to...

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of a forum that deals with adoption law? Or can anyone here answer what I think is a simple question on the subject?

View more questions Search