Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiredtenant Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Interior door keeps swinging open
    Months I ago I applied WD40 on the hinges of the basement door to halt it's incessant squeaking. Since then the door keeps "straying" open, apparently because the floor is somewhat sloped. What can I do to end the door's wandering ways?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Pull the hinge pin on the center hinge if there are three. Lay it on a hard or concrete surface and give the shaft a sharp blow with a hammer. This will give the pin a slight bow and cause enough resistance to stop the door from moving.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
    That is the easiest way to do it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing the interior door handle to my 1996 toyota camry [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone out there tell me how to replace the interior door handle to my 1996 toyota camry. Is this something I can do myself or should I take it in to the dealer. I am fairly handy but need to know if I have to remove the door panel. It is the drivers door handle. I would appreciate any help....

Interior Door Framing - Basement [ 1 Answers ]

I've framed around the exterior walls of my basement. I will be framing a partition wall in a few weeks which will include framing for interior doors. My plan is to buy pre-hung doors, I have seen they only come in one standard height - which would require a framing height of 82 1/2". My problem...

Dishwasher door won't fully open [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I own a Maytag Quiet Series 100 dishwasher, which has been working fine for the past 3.5 years. Suddenly the dishwasher door won't fully open - I guess it open about 75 degrees of the 90 degrees it should open. I checked with my fingers for obstructions underneath the door, even used a mirror...

Cooler with the door open? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small computer room with to AC units designed and installed to keep the PC equipment at operational temperature. One of these units is broken. Whilst it is under repair should I: leave the door open with a fan for circulation AND swich the AC off leave the door open with a fan...

Cabinet door swinging open [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Just the other day, one of the doors on one of our kitchen cabinets spontaneously started swinging open. It had never done this before - we suspect something in the house settled. None of the other doors are doing this. Now, you can't close it - it just swings back open. Any suggestions?...

View more questions Search