Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OceanAngel20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 6

Jul 10, 2007, 08:30 AM
    How Can I loose my pregnancy weight FAST?
    Hi I'm 20 yrs old and had a baby 6 months ago I gained over 100lbs from my pregnancy and now weigh a wopping 230LBS! And I'm only 5'2". I want to lose all this weight asap and wiling to discipline myself doing it.I'm looking into losing 115lbs, how can I do this fast?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Doing this fast is not healthy. To lose weight permanently one has to be patient. Eat healthy get exercise at least one hour three times per week. Drink LOTS of water. You will lose water weight first and that will come off fast, once you have lost that, your loss will begin to taper off.

A good healthy weight loss is between 2 - 4 pounds per week.

Jul 10, 2007, 09:21 AM
    I understand the whole dieting thing but I've been doing that and instead of losing I'm gaining. My husband has even started distancing himself from me because of my weight I just want everything back like it used to be
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Try doing crunches, pilates or weights, and possibly jogging ( you can bring the baby along) I switched to diet products and avoided fast food. I started jogging and the weight really started coming off. I then moved to bicycling when my knee started bothering me (baby can come with you there too). If you do exercises, you may gain weight initially but it is in muscle not fat...

Jul 10, 2007, 09:31 AM
    I'm going to try all of this. But I was starting to think to use SLIMQUICK the diet pill that takes care of the 7 reasons women gain weight do you guy's think I should or just go without it?
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Those pills don't work well. I wouldn't waste the money. The people they show on the ads have VERY uncommon results. And it isn't all that healthy for you either.

Jul 10, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Would you recommend weight wtchers or LA weight loss?
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jul 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    those pills dont work well. I wouldnt waste the money. the people they show on the ads have VERY uncommon results. and it isnt all that healthy for you either.
    I must differ.. I did "cylαris" αnd lost 10 pounds in like 2 weeks.. but it is true thαt it does mess up your insides.

I wαs 149 now I'm αt 115 (I'm 5 feet right on the dot btw) αnd I lost αll thαt by:
    α) drinking wαter
    b) the gαzelle (once α dαy doing it hαrdcore for 30 min strαight αnd burn αt leαst 200 cαl.)
    c) eαting twice α dαy : light breαkfαst -- good lupper (lunch+supper= 3-6pm)
    d) when snαcking I munched on veggies
    e) αte less breαd αnd αlmost no coke or coffee
    f) stαrting doing hip hop αbs (totαlly works I cαn weαr α bikini now... )
    g) sex-- believe it.. it works it's greαt plus its fun

however shαylα is now αlmost 5 months αnd thαts how long it took me to αchieve the wieght loss.. it wαs α lot of work αnd I still hαve 10 more pounds to go-- good luck to yα<3

remember its inches thαt mαtter:)
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saraispiel19
    i must differ.. i did "cylαris" αnd lost 10 pounds in like 2 weeks.. but it is true thαt it does mess up your insides.
    I bet it wasn't the pills.. You have to do dieting and watch your food the same as if you weren't on them... they really can mess with your digestion and your intestinal tract. Things like LA weight Loss or Weight watchers are good programs because they focus on Healthy ways to lose weight and show you the best ways to excersise and eat right, which is really the key to weight loss. You are in group settings which help you with support.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jul 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    I bet it wasnt the pills..You have to do dieting and watch your food the same as if you werent on them...they really can mess with your digestion and your intestinal tract
    You know whαt you mαy be right-- they've αlwαys give me UTI's ugh..
    bigdreamer85 Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 02:26 PM
    OK, I don't recommend that you take any pills mostly because most people don't follow the directions right and they also don't look at what the side effects are. I know A lot of people who have used Weight Watchers and they look great now. My sister in-law loses like 6 lbs a week on it. Im right there with you though Im only 5'1 and I was like 184lbs when my son was born and I got back up there after he was born. I went to a gym but I don't recommend that unless your into working out because most of the time they're really expensive and you have to sign a contract and all that. You're probably better to do the weight watchers and just walk around the neighbor hood or the local park with your little one. GOOD LUCK
    PixieMama Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Jul 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Hi!

I've been pregnant almost non stop since I was 20. I had my last baby in Oct 2006 and 8 months later I weigh 107lbs, and I'm 5'3". Besides the fact that I'm constantly running around chasing the other 3 kids (bitty baby doesn't make me chase him yet) - BREASTFEEDING melted my baby weight off.

I would advise against the pills like others have. Drinking water is a major plus. Also, eat several small meals a day rather then just one or two a day. Stay away from fried foods or foods high in saturated fats and fast foods. Eat a lot of fresh live foods (fruits, veggies). And exercise! That ought to about to do it for you!

Good luck!
    Santi Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 23, 2007, 10:45 PM
    It's a lifestyle change. You might check in with a physician. Gaining that much weight during pregnancy is not healthy or normal. 15% of women develop diabetes due to pregnancy. Just something to think about.

What works for anyone who is willing to make the change is raw foods. Do the research. It works.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Drink plenty of water and eat healthy.
    Also breast feeding can help you to lose too.

Will breastfeeding help me lose weight? - BabyCenter
    Gloriouss Posts: 10, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
    My tummy is bigger and now, my bush is also growing, and I can not even trim it, what to talk of perfect shave? Any suggestions?

I would like to know expert advice as well as personal experiences!!

Thanks in advace!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to loose weight! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone knows of a real good diet plan that actually works! Next year is my prom and seriously I want to start my diet right now! I'm tried diet pills but they just seem to not work and I couldn't even sleep so I stopped that. Right when I stopped the diet pills I gained even more...

Dying to loose weight fast! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my name is Sarah, I'm 18 years old and gaining weight fast :( I used to think I was at a good weight but lately its just been stacking on. I used to weigh 55kg now I weigh 70kg its gotten out of control and I don't know what to do I've tried to eat healthy tried not to eat junk but I can't...

Loose weight [ 10 Answers ]

What is the best way to loose weight? Please help me?

Loose weight [ 1 Answers ]

How do I loose weight fast and safe I work out everyday and all but its not seeming to work what should I do?

I need ways to loose weight . And fast [ 1 Answers ]

Well its just plain and simple. I need to drop at least... 10 pounds and hopefully before march 20th. In the past 6 months I gained 30 pounds. Then lost 15. But I feel like I'm gaining it again. And I want to loose at least another 10 before march but don't know how. I don't have a lot of time to...

View more questions Search