Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Dying to loose weight fast!
    Hi my name is Sarah,
    I'm 18 years old and gaining weight fast :(
    I used to think I was at a good weight but lately its just been stacking on. I used to weigh 55kg now I weigh 70kg its gotten out of control and I don't know what to do I've tried to eat healthy tried not to eat junk but I can't help myself. Is there a secret to losing weight?
    I've tried pills, excersing, shakes every thing but nothing works. And the worst part is I'm sitting in an office all day stuffing my face sitting on my butt.
    PLEASE HELP!! :(
    ExtraSmooth Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2007, 01:04 AM
    I'm 23 and I gained a TON of weight a couple of years ago due to an illness.. I've lost around 40lbs and still have a ways to go. At first I want on a very low calorie diet and did light cardio like walking... The weight came off fast at first, but I couldn't keep eating so little because I'd start getting hungry and tired of not eating anything. So, basically now I have decided to stop obsessing about simply losing weight and to focus on becoming healthy and improving the overall quality of my life. So I gradually stopped eating foods I knew I'd binge on and replacing them with healthier choices. I basically eat a ton of fruit (mostly in smoothies), lots of whole grains and lean meats. I've only been doing this for a couple weeks and I feel so much better!! Whenever I slip and eat something unhealthy it's like my body rejects it and I get sick and don't want to eat it anymore. The more you eat healthier foods the better they will taste!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 28, 2007, 02:38 AM
    I'm going to have to go with the good ol' simple answer:

Healthy diet and exercise.
    Also, drink plenty of water.

Best of luck to you
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Start stuffing your face with fruit and salad. Salad without storebought dressing. Salad you can add a bit of cheese, some freshly squeezed lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. This is a fat free salad dressing.

Fruits. Always be nibbling on fruits and vegetables.

Drinking lots of water, lots of water. 8 to 10 glasses a day.

Do not be drinking lots of juice, juice has tons of sugar in it. Cut out all caffience products. Coffee, cola.

Also get off your butt. I mean this in a nice way. Instead of taking elevators, take the stairs. Start small and work your way up.

Take the stairs going up. Not down, no benefit there.

Do this everyday, park farther away from the entrances to work, to shopping.

Never buy your food in impulse, never go grocery shopping when hungrey, not good.

No more pills, no more shakes. Throw these quick fixes away.

The faster you lose the weight, the faster you gain it back and when you gain it back I will guarantee you, you will be heavier then you are now.

You need to lose weight slowly and carefully and properly in order to keep it off.

Joe
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 28, 2007, 03:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1989
    Hi my name is Sarah,
    ... and the worst part is im sitting in an office all day stuffing my face sitting on my butt.
    PLEASE HELP !!! :(
    There's your problem!

Stop stuffing your face and get off your butt!

If your office has a lift... use the stairs instead!

If you get a bus into work, walk to the next stop and get off a stop early each day!

Take low calorie snacks and fruit into work with you!

Drink water instead of fizzy drinks / tea / coffee!

Make sure you have a small, healthy breakfast (a bowl of cereal with a little milk!)!

Make a healthy lunch to take with you to work instead of snacking / eating rubbish!

Take lots of little small steps and they'll all add up to a big result!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 04:57 AM
    First step; stop complaining.

Eat fruits and veggies avoid processed foods, caffenie and sodium.

Drink lots of water, no soda or diet soda or flavored waters.

Exercise as much as possible, every day.

There is no simple quick way to loose weight. You have to change your lifestyle.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 04:59 AM
    I agree with all of these, any "quick fix" will never be a permanent solution, and will be bad for you.

Changing your lifestyle and improving gradually will give you the best results. Sorry!
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Eat apples, drink lots of water before each meal... and if someone cares your appearance more than what you have inside, he/she is not a smart person. Everything takes time... be patient please.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazaaam1
    I have found the miracle pill and I’m not kidding! I didn’t know anything about it until I started working for a Public Relations company a few weeks ago. A reporter told us about this all-natural dietary fiber that is able to bind to dietary fat and make you lose weight. The fiber pill is called FBCX and pronounced f-bex. We followed the directions and took it with our 3 meals a day, without changing our diet, and we started loosing weight. I couldn’t believe it since I was afraid to try anything else for fear it would make me jittery or nauseous. Since FBCx is an all-natural dietary fiber, I didn’t have to worry about any of this. The website we did research on is Most weight loss pills and programs fail in fast weight loss for obesity or diabetes patients if you want to learn more or join in on our success.
    Really? Do you go to bathroom more often because of that? U feel okay? How much weight did you lose then? Thanks, I am amazed!!
    MikeElt Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Here are a few steps:
    1. Take a walk every night
    2. stop eating after 8 PM
    3. Clear your fridge of junk food
    4. take your own food to work
    5. Avoid candy - eat fruit

I also read an article which is called Fast fat loss
    It made a lot of sense to me
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
    USDA - CNPP - MyPyramid Tracker This is a very useful tool, try it. Get on a website and find small exercises that you can do while you are sittiing at your desk, you will be surprised how every little thing counts. Remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Water is very useful in keeping your organs functioning properly, therefore helping with weight loss, also it helps to make you feel fuller. Sleep the proper amount, sleep deprived bodies do not work as efficiently. Research and learn. Also I have a friend that has had great success with weight watchers.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Jan 8, 2008, 09:47 PM
    I can eat well over 4000 calories per day and not gain a single pound. I drink shakes (as a meal supplement in addition to at least 3-4 squares per day), and I eat as late as 2am. I don't eat much fruit until immediately after a weight training session, simply because of the sugar content. I eat a relatively large breakfast (4-5 egg whites and 1 yolk w/spinach, low sugar non-refined cereal, maybe some berries).

I've trained ALL of my clients to be able to do the same thing.

Most important of all, many of my clients have been working with me since 1998 and they're STILL in great shape. Even the few who are lazy would be considered "average" and not overweight, and they barely workout anymore. I'm talking about men and women of all ages, too.

My point is that mastering your metabolism is more important than bowing down to it. Conventional wisdom dictates that you must burn more calories in a day that you ingest.

Fine. I can't argue that.

But what if conventional wisdom has it backwards?

What if you FIRST boost your metabolism and THEN step down your caloric intake?

What'll happen is that you could lose the same or even more bodyfat from eating 3000 calories per day than someone else who follows convention and can only eat 1800 per day.

It's MUCH easier to live a normal, happy life if you can eat the foods that you enjoy in quantities that you can tolerate.

That's my input. Granted, it takes a much more training and knowledge to achieve that level of clarity than I can possibly hope to put in this forum thread, but I just wanted to let you know that there are proven alternatives if you choose to pursue them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need to loose weight! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone knows of a real good diet plan that actually works! Next year is my prom and seriously I want to start my diet right now! I'm tried diet pills but they just seem to not work and I couldn't even sleep so I stopped that. Right when I stopped the diet pills I gained even more...

Loose weight [ 10 Answers ]

What is the best way to loose weight? Please help me?

I really need to loose weight [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My names is naila am 18 years old, I am about 170 cm, and I weigh 85 kg, I really need a diet that could me loose 20 kg in 6 weeks. So if you can help loose them by sending a program, or tips for how to loose them. Thank u

Loose weight [ 1 Answers ]

How do I loose weight fast and safe I work out everyday and all but its not seeming to work what should I do?

I need ways to loose weight . And fast [ 1 Answers ]

Well its just plain and simple. I need to drop at least... 10 pounds and hopefully before march 20th. In the past 6 months I gained 30 pounds. Then lost 15. But I feel like I'm gaining it again. And I want to loose at least another 10 before march but don't know how. I don't have a lot of time to...

View more questions Search