Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tweak123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Trying my best to change but not sure what she thinks
    To keep it short.. I am going threw alcoholism and have quit been dry 6 months, but my emotions were going up and down... Have stabled them by not thinking so far into things that can't have anything done... We are just to writing emails that's how bad it has gotten.. So what, besides the obvious that I am just writing twice a day just to say mourning and to say good night. Do I have any other options? She has wrote in the emails that, She loves me, That she would do it all over again to feel the happiness, that she cries for us everyday, that if I look at reality and the diseas and fix them so we can be together, and that'll she'll talk to me soon (that was on the 5th of july). What does this all mean, I hurt everyday because of it and don't want to jump to conclusions or assume cause that's what I use to do. Not sure what to think.. Very confused?:confused:
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 10, 2007, 09:43 AM
    How badly have you hurt those around you?

It sounds like she is willing to "try again", so take it slow - Ask her to meet you for tea for 20 minutes as a start.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
    First off, Good for you that you have quit drinking.

You have been sober for 6 months. You need to work on you right now. You can not trade one dependency (alcohol) for another (your girl). You have to learn to stand on your own. Each day you will get stronger.

When she sees that - she will give you that second chance.
    tweak123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Thank you now what.. It was the dependency on her.. been being just me looking out for # 1 me, But don't want her to think that I have forgotten and that she isn't my #2 in my life.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
    You can always just check in with her. With the emails or a short phone call. Take it slow. She may know that you need to find your strength within yourself. And she is giving you that time. When you get sober, as you know, YOU have to want to do it - not to do it for someone else but for yourself. If you got sober only to please her, it could be a short lived sobriety. I hope not.
    Once you have this behind you, you can start to rebuild your life. If that is with her, great. If not, you need to know that you can do it alone. Once you have that strength - take baby steps. Like I said, emails,then build your way up to phone calls, then maybe ask her out for coffee.
    Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Boyfriend Thinks I'm Fat, But I'm really Not [ 21 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years and we are definitely in love. He is a great guy, but the only thing is that he tells me all the time that I need to lose weight and work out more, but I am not fat at all, not even chubby. I am 5 foot 4, 135 pounds, with a BMI of 23, which is...

She thinks I don't love her! [ 7 Answers ]

If boys have struggled to love their babies then I am one of those.I put my effort,time and money but she still prefare to tell me 'I don't love you'.I only struggled to kiss her last week.I was very excited since I knew this is almost 50% of my adventure.Are you sure I can still win her love?Or I...

How do I know what he thinks of me? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this one guy a couple of weeks ago. Well, actually we met last year already, but everything we talked about was work related. We work at the same place, but we rarely work together... Anyway, we have now started going out. We went to the movies once, went for coffee today, and for now we're...

Don't know what he thinks of me [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! This is Neha and umm... I'm 11 n I really lik a guy and he's 16 ( I no 5 yrs older then me ) but I don't know what he thinks about me... n he;s miles away from me lik he lives in some other country... I don't think it will work out but who nos it might... help! :confused:

My dad thinks I'm manipulating [ 1 Answers ]

My dad says that he doesn't trust me because I didn't tell him I got in trouble at school the Friday before my birthday weekend... but it wasn't even that, I wasn't thinking about it at the time because I mean it was my b-day and no normal person would, but how can I show and prove him that he's...

View more questions Search