Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salma_4215 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Am I pregnant!
    Hi its been 2 or 3 months I haven't started my periods,I'm worried what if I'm pregnant I got a blood test done aswel in that time when I didn't start my periods but everything came bk normal. I'm worried and scared help me how to find out if I'm pregnant or not what do I tell the nurse, and how do I get rid of it,ne other suggestion than a abortion and ne side effects?
    I want to keep it confidential so will the nurse do that?after that when I start my periods will everything be normal?
    How shall I explain to the nurse I don't want to be pregnant and start my periods as normal!
    So help it was a mistake I did but never after this. Help thanks a lot in your kind assistance.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 01:54 PM
    If you are over 18, I believe doctors and nurses are supposed to keep your information confidential. If you are under 18, they might tell to your parents or guardian, depending on where you live. You could go to a Planned Parenthood clinic to find out about that.

If your blood test came back normal, it's unlikely that you are pregnant. You can get a pregnancy test kit at the pharmacy if you want to do another test. If that's negative, too, you probably are not pregnant. Other reasons you might not be having your period are if you are very thin or exercising a lot or if you've been ill recently. There could be some other reason too, so it's a good idea to get checked by a doctor.

In any case, you need to talk to a doctor or nurse about the kind of contraceptives you should be using. Other concerns, of course, are sexually transmitted diseases. Once people have sex, they tend to do it again, so don't assume you won't. Instead, take precautions to prevent diseases and unwanted pregnancies. You want to take good care of your own health and you want to not do anything that would hurt someone else, whether a partner or a possible baby. I'm not saying you should have sex, just to be prepared in case it happens again.

Right now, I would recommend taking a deep breath to calm down. Get a pregnancy test kit and use it. Then go to a clinic where you can get more information. Ask them before you tell them anything else if it will be confidential. If you feel comfortable there, ask for help with contraception. There are lots of places that are interested in helping you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Could I be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Coleen and I am trying to find out if there is a possibility that I could be pregnant. I had unprotected sex on the 18th and 22nd of Feb. 2007. I then felt cramping in my lower tummy and sides. I am also always very fatigued and my nipples are sore. I started getting cramping in my...

Am I pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I Am 24 And I Have Been Trying To Get Pregnant With My Second Child My Last Period Was January 31st And Its March 10th I Took Lots Of Test They're Neg Am I Testing Too Soon Or What I Have Cramps And Sore Breast

I wonder why I haven't got pregnant yet! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello!! everyone I just thought I could share my lil story...well anyway I been trying for 7months now trying to get pregnant but no luck!! I heard of a pill "Called" Geritol Cmplete and I have heard good news from this name that's hopefully help me get pregnant...And what's funny because my home...

Getting pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

OK I had sex on the second to the last day of my period is there a chance I could be pregnant?

View more questions Search