Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needitfixed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 03:01 PM
    A/C Blower fan not working
    Blower fan does not work in a/c mode, but if I switch it to heat the fan kicks on and starts blowing hot air.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
    What model is the furnace? It may be a bad relay, or circuit board, try switching the thermostat to the "on" fan position. Does this bring the fan on? If so you have a bad thermostat.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacservicetech_07
    What model is the furnace? it may be a bad relay, or circut board, try switching the thermostat to the "on" fan position. Does this bring the fan on? if so you have a bad thermostat.
    I disagree about the idea of "If you turn the fan switch to on". Some of the newer furnaces have a fan speed relay and a cooling speed relay on the PC board. Fan could still come on and the cooling speed relay is bad. Oh! The good old days when I could diagnose 95% of all HVAC problems without a volt/ohm meter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Blower not working [ 2 Answers ]

Blower/fan will not turn on, replaced the transformer, but not the answer any ideas

Fan Blower doesn't come on in Fan,heat or cool [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I turned on my heat(coil in air handler) and everything worked fine. Last night I turned it on again and the fan wouldn't come on no matter where the switch was: fan only, heat or air. I made the appropriate temp changes for heat/air. There is a humming noise coming from the heating coil...

Blower not working [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a Rheem Furnace which has the blower in it. The blower is also hooked up to a Trane AC unit. The blower does not come on but I hear a buzzing noise coming from either the transformer, or relay. I figured it was either the relay or capacitor and replaced them both for about $25. The motor...

Blower fan not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York central a/c forced air gas furnace. It's about 10 years old. The blower motor has stopped working. I can spin the squirrel cage freely by hand. Everything else seems to work as it should. Using a multimeter, as far as I can tell (I'm a plumber, not an electrician) 120V is not being...

View more questions Search