Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgreggains Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 03:27 PM
    To fix my the cylinder position sensor do I have to replace the whole distributor?
    To fix the (cyp) cylinder position sensor do I have to replace the whole distributor or can I just replace the housing?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 03:30 PM

Read this:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...le-303903.html

Feb 1, 2010, 03:44 PM
    I have a 96 honda prelude, and my check engine light is on and it is saying that I ne
    I have a 96 honda prelude, my check engine light is on and code that popped up is p1381 (cyp) cylinder position sensor. I was wondering if that meant I needed to replace the whole distributor?

Feb 1, 2010, 03:46 PM

It manual and a 2.2 engine
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 03:49 PM

If it's a Honda distributor, yes.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 04:02 PM

Only install a Honda genuine distributor housing--aftermarket housings for Hondas are not reliable. It's fine to use aftermarket Ignition Control Module and coils. You may even want to use your old ones, to save money.

Feb 1, 2010, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Only install a Honda genuine distributor housing--aftermarket housings for Hondas are not reliable. It's fine to use aftermarket Ignition Control Module and coils. You may even want to use your old ones, to save money.
    Thanks, that's what I was worried about was the money to replace the whole distributor
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 04:15 PM

Call your local Honda dealer for the part no. of just the housing. Then, shop online for the best price for a Honda genuine part.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 06:01 PM

Here's how to perform the procedure:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post288473

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 honda civic code 1381 cylinder position sensor [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My 97 civic just started showing an error code 1381 (P1381--Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption). My understanding is that if it is a problem with the individual sensors, the distributor has to be replaced - because they don't sell the individual sensors. Last July the...

Crank shaft position sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me where I can find the crank shaft position sensor on a Ford 6.0 powerstroke

How to position sensor for solar screen [ 4 Answers ]

We have solar screens installed and have to relocate the sensor for the automatic remote control. Where it is now located the screens go down even though they are in the shade. I suspect that that is due to the location of the sensor on the roof. Should it be somewhere below on the wall above the...

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

How to fix distributor problems 94 accord dx [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I pulled the distibutor off to get at the heater hose, then I go to put the distributor back on and now it won't start what could I have mixed up that I did not notice?

View more questions Search