Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevegoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Harbor Breeze ceiling fan lights
    Harbor Breeze fan is about 2 years old. Top lights and bottom lights. Problem is with the bottom lights. Bottom lights are PAR 20 - 50 watt halogen bulbs.

When the bottom lights are first turned on, everything works just fine. Dimming, turning on and off. After the lights have been on for a while, you cannot turn the lights off with the remote. When you press the bottom light button to turn it off, the lights will drop in intensity to about 1/2. If you press it again, lights will go to full intensity, but never off.

Also, when attempting to dim with the remote, the lights will dim to about 1/2 intensity and then rise to full intensity.

Have to turn off with wall switch. After it has been off for about 10 minutes, it works fine for 10 minutes.
    Bluemm Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegoe
    Harbor Breeze fan is about 2 years old. Top lights and bottom lights. Problem is with the bottom lights. Bottom lights are PAR 20 - 50 watt halogen bulbs.

When the bottom lights are first turned on, everything works just fine. Dimming, turning on and off. After the lights have been on for a while, you cannot turn the lights off with the remote. When you press the bottom light button to turn it off, the lights will drop in intensity to about 1/2. If you press it again, lights will go to full intensity, but never off.

Also, when attempting to dim with the remote, the lights will dim to about 1/2 intensity and then rise to full intensity.

Have to turn off with wall switch. After it has been off for about 10 minutes, it works fine for 10 minutes.
    I'm assuming the batteries are good. If not it wouldn't work right at all. It sounds like a problem with the remote receiver. This is usually located in the electrical junction box where the fan mounts to the ceiling. It sounds like the receiver has a problem when it warms up.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I agree on the receiver.

It sounds like the receiver is overheating. Are all the bulbs below the rated wattage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

The Bulb In This Fan Has Blown Out. How Do I Remove The Globe To Change The Bulb. Model # Ac552----item # 18267 Jun 01

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote and the power was shut off from the circuit breaker box and now my fan or light will not come on. Checked the connections, dip for the remote and reset the circuits but no luck. Any one with any ideas please pass along. Thanks

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 4 Answers ]

My husband connected our ceiling fan/light and it has a remote control. By turning on the switch in our bedroom, the fan/light does not work. But if you click on the remote control and leave the switch to 'on' it worked. That worked for a week. Now it has stopped completely. No fan no light!!...

Harbor breeze 52 inch fan w/5 lights [ 2 Answers ]

Can I put a dimmer or a adapter to cause the lights on this unit to dim?

Harbor breeze fan works but lights don't [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a harbor breeze fan and light kit, I just wanted to know how to wire it up if I have a white/black/and copper wire from ceiling and black/blue/white/and two green wires from the kit... Do you wire the blue and black from kit to black in ceiling, white to white in ceiling and greens...

View more questions Search