Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shanaynay98 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 10:33 AM
    Babysitting Help...
    Okay, I am 13 years old and I am looking for a way to earn some money. I was thinking about babysitting, but I'm not sure where to start. My mom says I need to show her that I can stay home with my younger brother and sister first. I have done this before, but my brother has ADHD and usually doesn't get his pill in the morning. So its really hard to not get mad and what not. So what else am I supposed to do? I believe that even if another child has ADHD they would be easier for me watch. I absolutely love hanging around kids and I am actually the oldest of all the kids (ages 4-8) on my dads side of the family. I think I do great with kids, my mom just doesn't trust me enough I guess...
    Bubbles_200645 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Hello,
    I am ADHD and the advice I could give you is... Just watch what you say! And play fun games and be as patient as you can you be with him!

Dec 13, 2011, 04:29 PM
    The thing with playing games is he always gets mad when he doesn't win, or he cheats, or gets mad because "you cheated and went twice!!"... it gets really annoying and I can't just play a game with only him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 10:01 PM
    Actually your mom is right, you have to be able to keep watching them even if you do get mad. You also have to learn not to get mad but learn how to help control them and/or keep them busy. It is not always easier with other kids, since often they may want to "try" you and see what they can get away with.

Dec 20, 2011, 10:32 AM
    That's just it. She usually just wants me to go to my room. She says I am only there to make sure they don't get hurt. And if they do something wrong, she will figure it out and they will get in trouble. So she doesn't really give me a chance.
    rikku3464 Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2011, 07:19 AM
    You c if you have a brother with ADHD its pretty much the same thing as wating another kid with ADHD. With kids like that you have to be carfull on what you do and say. When and if you do play a game don't cheat or if you do don't let them notice, always let them win even if you want to win trust me, its better that way because then they won't throw a fit and they will be happy with there win. If they lose just on what ever then just give them something they like, like food, candy, anything, or if you do win in the game then just say they win. If you can show your mother that you can work with your brother and sister with out getting mad or controlling your anger then you will show your mother that you can handle children and others right, then your parents will let you babysit.

Dec 22, 2011, 02:04 AM
    I have noticed that I am a lot better with other kids other than my brother and sister. My mom knows I do really good with kids, its just that I don't with my bro and sis. I am also really good with younger kids (around 3-4) because I love their hyperness and upbeat positive attitude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Babysitting [ 7 Answers ]

I can't find a babysitting job and I am on a buget I need help!!

Babysitting [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me how old a child has to be to legally babysit in Ontario

Babysitting. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Recently I put an ad up on a local website to babysit for people. I have gotten a TON of emails, but I know the internet is not the safest place. I was wondering what I could do to keep myself safe? -I'm having a meeting with the parents BEFORE I babysit with them at a local "Playtime",...

Babysitting ad! [ 4 Answers ]

I need some ideas on how to make a babysitting ad. I'm not sure what to put. I'm certified in CPR (child and adult) and I have babysat many times before. Help!

Babysitting ad [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I just wondered how do you make a professional baby sitting ad?:)

View more questions Search