Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DavidGolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 11:05 AM
    I have a 3 speed Ritz ceiling fan that only runs hi,hi,low.
    This fan is at least 25 years old, i.e. when the house was built. Really like the appearance of the fan, suspect the motor may be shot. Anyway to replace the motor. Also, would changing the capacitor help ?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:24 PM

Sounds like it has a bad capacitor. Motor is fine.

Ceiling Fan Capactors - Troubleshooting and Resources - Ceiling Fans 'N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elmark ceiling fan stop on low speed mode [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,why does my elmark ceiling fan(basic 48' 3 blade type)stop on low speed 1 & 2.It works well on high spped 3 & 4.kindly advise, thks:)

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan works on low speed only [ 2 Answers ]

I have four identical Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans. One of them works on low speed only. I replaced the four wire fan switch, but it did not correct the problem. Thanks!

3 speed ceiling fan runs on only two speeds [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 3 speed ceiling fan that runs on only two speeds. I have tried replacing the pull chain but that does not fix the problem. The fan use to have high, medium and low. We now have high, low and nothing. Any suggestions.

Ceiling fan only works on low speed [ 1 Answers ]

We have a ceiling fan that was in the living room when we bought our house. At the time, there was no longer a pull chain for the fan. We just replaced that switch, and now the fan only works on low speed. The fan didn't work at all prior to the new switch. Is there anyway of knowing if we can...

Lost low speed on ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan that works fine on the medium and high speed settings but does not work or rotate on the low speed setting. What is the cause and can I repair it?

View more questions Search