Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryvalle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Motion detector installation?
    I am trying to install a motion detector in my house, but when I look at the siring diagram, I can' figure it out. The detector has three wires, 2 black and one green. I understand the green is the ground and one black is the hot and the other black is the neutral, but what I don't understand is how to wire it into the system. Do you the hot wire through the detector and then to the lights? And then return the neutral back to the detector? Where is the power combing from? Is the detector at the end of the line completing the circuit? Or is it at the beginning for the line? I don't know if I asked this properly or not but I could use some help.
    Thanks
    Anthony_ Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Is this a motion detector switch for a light? If so, you need a ground, a hot and a switched hot - no neutral.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 08:20 AM
    It may be motion that replaces switch. Black is power in, other black is to light.
    literman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvalle
    I am trying to install a motion detector in my house, but when I look at the siring diagram, I can' figure it out. The detector has three wires, 2 black and one green. I understand the green is the ground and one black is the hot and the other black is the neutral, but what i dont understand is how to wire it into the system. Do you the hot wire through the detector and then to the lights? and then return the neutral back to the detector? Where is the power combing from? Is the detector at the end of the line completing the circuit? Or is it at the beginning for the line? I don't know if i asked this properly or not but I could use some help.
    Thanks
    What make is the detector?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2008, 02:48 PM
    literman, I provided this motion on your other post:
    http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2522.pdf
    I would shop around(ebay?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion Detector to Sprinkler transformer question [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I want to hook a sprinkler valve up to a motion detector. The motion detector (Heath Zenith SL-5316) will put out "up to" 500W, and 4.2A (120 VAC). The sprinkler valve (Orbitz 57020) requires 18VAC min, but is spec'd at 24VAC to draw 0.35A when it switches and 0.23A when it is holding. ...

Motion Hearing [ 18 Answers ]

I have to go to court for a civil matter. It is an attorney suing for a remainder balance on a repo. The problem is I had arrangements with the company, and the day I was to make another payment, the vehicle was repo'd. This company has a long trail of victims. I would receive, at times, over 7...

Wiring a motion Detector into a 3 way system [ 8 Answers ]

I want to install a single motion detector in my garage to control the two lights.the lights are controlled by two 3 way switches one in the garage and one just inside the door inside the house.Can I install the single detector at one of the lights to control them both in this system?

Motion to Continue [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are tyring to reconcile. I have already filed a motion to continue with the court. Is there any way to get a motion for leave from court or a motion to stay to see if we can work things out without having to refile for divorce if they don't workout? Thank you for your help. ...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search