Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowwcho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Bumper kiss
    I was waiting on the far left lane at a red light. The light turned green so I slowly released the brake and I wanted to change lanes so I turned my signal light on looked back and *thump*
    My front bumper kissed the Drivers' car in front of me. There was a left turning next to us so I changed onto there and so did the driver we went into the gas station parking lot and assessed the damage. My front license plate was bent towards the bumper. The Drivers Used car already had a few scratches on the side from the usual wear and tear and she looked at the rear and said that my car caused new scratches on her "worn" out rear bumper.

She had a passenger who was her grandma and she was complaining about her shoulder as soon as she saw me.

We didn't bother calling the cops as to us there was no permanent damage to either car

We exchanged info and I didn't want my insurance to go up so I didn't call but later today I got a call from her insurance party about the claim but I never answered they just left a message

What should I do? Any advice is appreciated whether its harsh or not I understand
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 10:28 PM

Notify your insurance right away, you should have done so in the beginning.

I understand not wanting your premiums to go up and many people deal with minor fender benders without involving insurance, the thing is, you ignored her calls so she had no choice but to go to her insurance.

If your license plate was bent then it makes sense that there is also damage to her car.

Call your insurance and give them the number of hers so that they can deal with this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make a mold of frnt bumper +Fender a mass produce>bumper plastic rest fibergls [ 11 Answers ]

I want to know how to make a mold of a front bumper a fender and a hood and it has to be obviously different from factory or anyone else so I can pattent it which I will do myself but I need to know how to make a few molds and how to mass produce using fiberglass for the fender and hood and using...

Dents in my bumper [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dent in my plastic bumper and it can't pop out and I don't want to use bondo or any thing. How do I get rid of it?

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

Remove the bumper [ 2 Answers ]

how to remove the bumper and the bumper reinforcement of 1999 fort scort x2

Car Bumper sticker [ 7 Answers ]

I am not sure this is the right place for this question but maybe close enough that someone can answer this. I have seen a car bumpersticker that I do not undertsand the meaning of and wondering. I am trying to remember by heart the exact phrase but may be off a bit. It asks a question...

View more questions Search