Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emhi5 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2009, 01:42 AM
    Youth and Social Work in regards to human rights and rights of the child
    I have had to research two documents out of 4 and explain from these documents how both these documents work with clients in a fair just humane and positive manner? The two documents that I have studied are The universal declarationof human rights and the un convention on the rights of the child:

I have already written how the un convention on the rights of the child does this, however I'm having difficulty with the universal declaration of human rights does.

Also am I on the right track with the un convention on thr rights of the child?

UN Convention on the Rights of the Child- Built on varied legal systems and cultural traditions to ensure that everything is met in a fair, just and humane way, the Convention is a universally agreed set of non-negotiable standards and obligations. The convention declares that the rights they set are rights that must be met for the child to develop to their full potential free from hunger and want, neglect and abuse. These rights are founded on respect for the dignity and worth of each individual, regardless of race, colour, gender, language, religion, opinions, origins, wealth, birth status or ability and therefore apply to every human being everywhere. With these rights comes the obligation on both governments and individuals not to infringe on the parallel rights of others.

Please help

Em
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 01:22 AM
    Hi again, Emhi5!

I definitely think that you're on the right track here. I would suggest elaborating on more of the ten points of the Declaration. You've covered some of them, but not all of them. Also, should not this be in reference to the Declaration rather than Convention?

Below, is a bit of a re-write:

The UN Declaration on the Rights of the Child, is Built on varied legal systems and cultural traditions to ensure that everything is met in a fair, just and humane way. Also, the Declaration is a universally agreed upon set of non-negotiable standards and obligations by whom?

The Declaration declares that the rights they set forth, are rights that must be met for the child to develop to their full potential free from hunger and want, neglect and abuse.

These rights are founded on respect for the dignity and worth of each individual, regardless of race, colour, gender, language, religion, opinions, origins, wealth, birth status or ability and therefore apply to every human being everywhere.

With these rights comes the obligation on both governments and individuals not to infringe on the equal rights to which all children are entitled.
    Just some suggestions for you...

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Hi again, Emhi5!

I hope that you return to here to give me some feedback about what you think and how things are going with your assignments!

Thanks!
    Emhi5 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 03:32 AM

Hi Clough,

Thank you so much for your suggestions...

They did help, I went and researched into them more... took me half the night but it worked... haha

Unfortunately it had to be in regards to the convention as that is what the questions specifically asked of me..

Cheers
    Emhi5
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 11:46 PM
    Okay, thanks! At least I tried...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Youth and Social Work [ 14 Answers ]

I have been studying Social Work, and my paper asks us to find certain issues, I have found a few issues relevant to my question but I feel that with help I can find something better. The question is BY FOLLOWING THE PAPER FOR A WEEK: IDENTIFY AN 'ECONOMICS-FOCUSED', ISSUE OF Relevance TO...

Child rights as well as parental rights [ 5 Answers ]

I know this is asked over and over again but I'm still confused. I have an almost 11 year old who wants nothing to do with her father. He has not been very faithful to her in the past 10 years. 6 years ago her fathers girlfriend abused her by hitting her and unfortunately the state of NJ did not...

Drugs test human rights parenting [ 4 Answers ]

I was investigated for drugs use following the birth of my daughter due to an allegation made. Social services closed the case satisfied that the allegation was wrong. It had come from a memer of my family who is quite unwell and contines to cause problems in my hoe life. The social services...

My employee (and human) rights abused [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I live in VA and my boss at this store I worked at denied me health benefits that I was qualified for and I signed up for during open enrollment. When I asked about it he made a racial comment towards me. He also encouraged other employees to racially harass me. He's also threatened to beat...

What's more important, human rights or national security? [ 7 Answers ]

Take for instance MoveOn.org-inspired human rights position and one of the adherents to its philosophy, Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter abandoned our ally the Shah of Iran because he was insufficiently democratic, and the results: An even less democratic government that wants to destroy us. Apply...

View more questions Search