Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmac087 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 01:40 PM
    Question on prior distribution (Bayesian Statistics)
    What is a simple example showing a case in which a prior distribution would not be overwhelmed by data, regardless of the sample size?

Check out some similar questions!

PLEASE help.. STATISTICS (Normal distribution) [ 4 Answers ]

I need a step by step solution to this: (The answers are already given; I just need the computations) Data indicates an average population weight of a fish of 40 lbs and a standard deviation of 4 lbs. Assume weight is normally distributed in the population. How probable was it to catch a tuna:...

Statistics-normal distribution [ 1 Answers ]

well I need help... I have tried many times but can't figure this one out. The waist measurement of students in a college is normally distributed. The standard deviation is known to be 5 inches. It is found that 15% of the students have waist sizes less than 28 inches. What proportion of...

Statistics-normal distribution [ 1 Answers ]

its about a manufacturer performing a test on its calculators and finds their work life to be normally distributed. OK if I have a mean u=2150 hours and a standard deviation of 450 hours. What should be advertised as the life of the calculators so that 90% of the calculators are covered ? a.2,555...

Statistics - normal distribution [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose that a student's verbal score X can be considered an observation from normal distribution having mean 500 and standard deviation 80. a) Find P(X>660) b) Find the 90 percentile of the distribution c) Find the probability that the student scores below 420 d) Find the probability that the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.