Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tweedie4916 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Roof Condensation on new home
    3 years ago my family and I built a house and we have had problems with condensation from the beginning. I get a lot of moisture on all of my windows, if it isn't wiped away it molds in a day or so, and I also have several spots on my roof, I have been told that my roof isn't "breathing" but when I check my attic there are vents installed and everything looks to be OK. Not sure about what else to do to get my house the "breathe" better.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 04:28 PM
    I hope I have the answer you need, condensation forms on a surface such as

A window where one side is cold and the other warm... Do you have storm windows

Installed to offer a buffer area between the window temperature and the

Outside temperature?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 09:12 AM
    You mentioned roof vents,

Do you have a power vent or just gravity type venting.

A power vent will remove moisture far better than any other vent, as it has a moisture meter thermostat and a heat activated thermostat in some models.

Also, where does the house get its clean air for the attic, soffit vents need to always be open to allow outside air in,being drawn in as the hot air escapes through the vents above.

Look in on this and let us know if this helps,

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Owner's Insurance and New Roof [ 9 Answers ]

I need a new roof on my home. Can I use my homeowners insurance for a new roof? And, if so, with insurance companies the way they are these days, would their be a chance that they would drop me if I do this? Thanks

Sun roof vs moon roof [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between a moon roof and a sun roof?

How can I convert this shed roof to a gable roof? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to extend this porch out another 8 feet and convert the current shed roof to a gable roof. Is there a framing genius lurking here who can tell me how to make it happen? The conceptual image gives an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish with the porch. See attachments. Michael

Condensation on new roof [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 story ranch home in Birmingham, Alabama for which I just had the roofing replaced. I had the old shingles removed and replaced with more asphalt shingles. Before installation, I had two whirligigs on the roof for ventilation. I had those removed and replaced with 42 feet "shingle over...

Condensation on roof [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a cape style home in August from my family built by my grandfarther. Well When I had it inspected, we had mold. So I ripped off the roof and put a new one on, (no Mold). Well, last week I notice water stains on my first floor ceiling and window frames. I did some research and I...

View more questions Search