Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seekinganswer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Got Hit by Driver in WA state Refusing to Reveal Insurance Details
    A week ago, my vehicle was hit from behind by this male driver who thought the light had turned green at the intersection in the state of Washington. My vehicle back bumper was slightly bent.

The male driver had profusely apologized and admitted guilt at the time. We exchanged information and he stated he had Farmers Insurance. The police was not involved as the accident was minor and no one got hurt.

The following morning, I obtained the quote from the body shop that it would cost $550 to repair my back bumper. I called the driver and told him to open a claim with his insurance company in addition to giving more his insurance details. I called him twice and still have not received any responses back.

I spoke with my insurance carrier and they have been contacting him via phone. Unfortunately, the driver still has not provided any response. We even contacted Farmers Insurance and found out that he appeared not to be insured under their policy. The car he drove was registered to someone else, more than likely his family, as the person has the same last name.

Washington state requires drivers to carry auto insurance. My insurance carrier told me that they're in the process of sending him a letter before turning him in for getting his license information revoked due to his non-response. We have also filed a vehicle collision report with the state patrol.

What else could we do to bring him to justice, if we discovered that he has a shady driving background or has no insurance?

Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 01:29 PM

There is nothing else you (or your insurance company) can do - the insurance company is pursuing this for you and their complaint carries a lot of weight.

I don't understand why you think he was driving uninsured if the car was insured - the fact that the policy wasn't in his name does NOT mean he can't drive it under the insurance.

Or is there something more to this?
    seekinganswer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the information.

There's no more story to this accident. His insurance does not have him or the registered car owner whose car is involved in the accident as one of their insured customers. That just leads me into thinking perhaps this person has no insurance at all and somehow, has something to hide.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what my insurance company has to say after their own investigation is complete.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 01:43 PM

Your insurance company SHOULD be able to run both his name and that of the registered owner through the State's datebase (if insurance is required) and determine the name of the company.

Fingers crossed that there's insurance on the car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Co. Not Paying-driver w/o license was hit [ 2 Answers ]

In Texas, if you were driving without a license and were struck by another car and that car was considered "at fault' could an insurance company refuse to pay a claim because of this?

Details health insurance claims share with HR [ 9 Answers ]

Hello - I was recently in an accident were I needed to be sent to a trauma center at a hospital to get better. Luckily I got out in one day, and I used my health insurance through work for the bill. During my hospital visit they let me know that I tested positive for marijuana, which was a...

Car Insurance for jr driver [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NY STATE and I have a jr drivers license which means I can drive in the state alone (but with restrictions) do I have to be put under my family's insurance or am I automatically covered?. meaning can I drove alone right when I get my license?

More details about filing state tax return for NJ resident working in NY [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for the answer from Delite. However, I am a little confused. Should I have to pay both NJ and NY taxes? Confusius

View more questions Search