Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2014, 11:52 PM
    You gets to be a senator and then
    United Voice calls on Joe Bullock to resign from Senate position

the mechanations of political life don't suit everybody but backroom deals really sour when it means your favoured candadate doesn't get up. Once again the Labor Party in Australia is in self destruct mode after kicking an existing Senator off the election ticket and replacing her with a Union hack who isn't a "true believer". You know, I'm glad their strategy fell over a cliff in the WA rerun even if the victors were the Greens, also a rabid left wing party, because we know they cannot agree with Labor for long.

What is at stake here; repeal of the more rabid "achievements" of the six year disaster that was Labor, the Carbon Tax and the Mining Tax as well as many of the spending "initiatives" which will mean years of deficits. I predict we will even see increases in taxation for the first time in decades to pay for it all and the newly elected Senator from WA may be the deciding vote
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2014, 01:32 AM
    Labor MPs accuse Bob Carr of narcissism, self-indulgence and bigotry after memoir release - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

As if Labor's problems in the west arn't enough, further signs of disunity emerge in the former Foriegn Minister' memoirs as Bob Carr strips bare the ranglings associated with the replacement of Julia Gillard, she of the the little red witch fame. These guys just can't learn to shut up. Incidently Bob was the Senator parachuted in to become Foriegn Minister. what is it about senators, it appears to be a god complex
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2014, 10:01 AM
    Politics appears to be as dumb there as it is here.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 19, 2014, 11:11 AM
    From one of my old signature lines:

The Hunt for Red October: (Jeffrey Pelt) "Listen; I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Apr 20, 2014, 03:16 AM
    edit
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2014, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Politics appears to be as dumb there as it is here.

I think the difference here is they think they are smarter than the average bear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honduras and the Senator [ 24 Answers ]

Hello: Let me see. When Sean Penn traveled to Iran On June 10, 2005, what did you call him simply for visiting?? In October 2008, Penn traveled to Cuba, where he met with and interviewed President Raśl Castro. What was your reaction to that trip?? Senator Jim Demint of South Carolina is...

The Senator from AMHD [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Let's say you were a senator. Your party is on the verge of passing VERY SIGNIFICANT legislation. YOU, however, oppose it, and YOU, all by yourself, can STOP it in its tracks. I don't mean simply that you would VOTE against it. I mean that the rules of the senate give you the power to...

Statutory(?) powers of a you.S. Senator [ 0 Answers ]

Not even sure if statutory is correct word to use, but was curious to know what if any legal powers does a U.S. Senator possess while in office; for instance a judge can legally marry people. It's not a judge's main job, but is a particular function available to them in their position. Does...

Kudos to Senator Webb [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: We have 5% of the world's population; we have 25% of the world's known prison population. We have an incarceration rate in the United States, the world's greatest democracy, that is five times as high as the average incarceration rate of the rest of the world. There are only two...

Senator Craig [ 27 Answers ]

Here's a question: what do you think of Craig's claim that he never sought counsel from an attorney, copped a plea to avoid an embarrassing public spectacle, but never really committed the crime he has been accused of? He is now contemplating revoking his plea and fighting the case in court. ...

View more questions Search