Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Honduras and the Senator
    Hello:

Let me see. When Sean Penn traveled to Iran On June 10, 2005, what did you call him simply for visiting?? In October 2008, Penn traveled to Cuba, where he met with and interviewed President Raśl Castro. What was your reaction to that trip??

Senator Jim Demint of South Carolina is going to Honduras to encourage those who helped fund and support the coup against Honduran President Manuel Zelaya to resist American pressure to return Zelaya to office.

In other words, Jim DeMint is acting on behalf of, in cahoots with, and against the foreign policy of the United States of America in encouraging post-coup Honduran government officials defy the United States. He is encouraging a political leadership which has no legitimacy and which not recognized by other democracies in the region.

What shall we call this senator?? What would YOU call a lefty who did that?? Of course we KNOW what word you would have used. It starts with a T and ends in R. I think it's appropriate in this case, don't you?

Ok, I'm being TOO subtle for some of you knuckle draggers... He's a TRAITOR, plain and simple!!

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Now lets see ; when Madame Mimi dons a burka to visit our enemies that is the proper role of a legislator .

But ; when Sen. Demint proposes a fact finding mission then Sen Lurch... who once traveled to strategize with our enemies during a war tries to block it because Demint won't fast track some State Dept appointments.

I get it.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 07:18 AM

Can't really add anything to what tom said. Game, set, match.

OK I'll try, I probably called Penn an idiot, or a moron, or a pathetic piece of...
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 07:27 AM

Hello again, righty's:

So, I gather from your response, that it's OK to BE a traitor because Pelosi is one too.

I understand. Really, I do.

excon
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 2, 2009, 07:40 AM

This was a scheduled trip and was already funded by Congress.

Why did Kerry block the trip?

What doesn't he want Obama foreign policy sychophants like Excon to know?

Could it be that he doesn't want us to be able to verify the fact that the Honduran government DID act within the bounds of their own laws and that Zeleya was indeed attempting a coup?

Could it be that Kerry doesn't want the world to be able to prove that he YET AGAIN threw his support behind a dictator and against democracy, just like the good old days? And that Obama did the same? As did most of the rest of the Dems? Could it be that Kerry is trying to block the American people, including excon, from finding out how the Dems are supporting dictatorships again? That sort of thing could cost them during an election, you know.

Elliot
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Why did Kerry block the trip?
    Hello Elliot:

If YOU could have stopped Jane Fonda from palling around with the Viet Cong, would you have done so??

Kerry, the patriot, tried. But, I guess Traitor DeMint is going to betray us no matter what. It's APPALLING actually.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 07:51 AM

No, I'm just more inclined to give a little room for someone trying to get to the bottom of wrongheaded foreign policy toward a Democratic ally than for some bonehead donning a burqa to have a chit chat with a state that sponsors terrorism.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Elliot:

If YOU could have stopped Jane Fonda from palling around with the Viet Cong, would you have done so??

Kerry, the patriot, tried. But, I guess Traitor DeMint is going to betray us no matter what. It's APPALLING actually.

Excon
    Kerry was exacting revenge for DeMint not allowing a vote on 2 ambassadors. That's all, it was no noble effort on his part to sop him from betraying the country.

The statement, issued by Kerry's spokesman, Frederick Jones, added that when DeMint allows a vote on the appointment of the two diplomats, "the Committee will approve his travel to Honduras."
    Your drama doesn't fly on this one when the facts become known.
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 07:58 AM

Hello again,

We've all heard the right wing spin on the coup. But, it should be pointed out that in terms of the WORLD, the right wing spin remains just that - a figment in the imaginations of the worlds right wing populace.

ALL of Honduras's neighbors thinks a military coup happened. The WORLD thinks it happened. The only ones who DON'T think it happened are the wingers... The IMF, for crying out loud, still recognizes Zelaya as Honduras president.

----------------------

The International Monetary Fund said Thursday it had consulted its member nations and decided to continue to recognize ousted President Manuel Zelaya as head of state of Honduras.

"In recent weeks, the fund consulted its membership through its executive directors," the IMF said in a brief statement.

"Based on this consultation, IMF management has determined that it will recognize the government of President Zelaya as the government of Honduras."

Zelaya was expelled from office on June 28 in a military coup and the international community has not recognized the de facto government now run by his successor, Roberto Micheletti.

---------------

Ain't nothing more to say about that - cepting to call a traitor, a traitor.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 08:20 AM
    We've all heard the right wing spin on the coup. But, it should be pointed out that in terms of the WORLD, the right wing spin remains just that - a figment in the imaginations of the worlds right wing populace.
    Yes and the whole world thought Saddam had WMD's, too. You didn't believe them then but now you do?

Ain't nothing more to say about that - cepting to call a traitor, a traitor.
    You're avoiding my last post.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 08:21 AM

It is indeed the role of legislators to go on fact finding missions . Even jerks like Reps. David Bonior, D-Michigan, Jim McDermott, D-Washington, and Michael Thompson, D-California, who flew in to Baghdad to warn Saddam had a right to do it.
    The Baghdad Democrats

Even members of Congress who fly into Cuba to shmooze with the Castro brothers have a right to .
    Fidel Castro to Congressional Black Caucus members: 'How can we help President Obama?' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

The traitor Kerry consulted and strategized with enemy negotiators not as a Senator ;but as a member of our armed service reserves . That WAS being a traitor .
    Kerry spoke of meeting negotiators on Vietnam - The Boston Globe

I think it would've been better if Sen Demint flew on a junket to Copenhagen to bribe Olympic committee members... yeah that's the ticket .

Ex I dispute your premise and the twisting of words. But let's go by your premise. A Senator goes to a foreign country to undermine American policy is a traitor... right ?

Ok then lets go the video tape...

"Shortly after taking office in 1985, Kerry and Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa went on a fact-finding trip to Nicaragua, where they met with Daniel Ortega and other Sandinistas.
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You're avoiding my last post
    Hello again, Steve:

I can't help it if a dunderheaded move, happened to ALSO be an extremely patriotic one. Is it any LESS patriotic because he didn't know it was??

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I can't help it if a dunderheaded move, happened to ALSO be an extremely patriotic one. Is it any LESS patriotic because he didn't know it was???
    LOL, I can't give Lurch that kind of credit. Look, here's the facts as presented to our lawmakers, the case against Zelaya was supported by constitutional and statutory law. Removing him from the country was not. The Honduran government acknowledges that was a mistake. We've already acknowledged that as well. What is the harm in a few members of Congress visiting our former ally, one that still has its constitution, judicial and legislative branches intact and fully intends on a Democratic election in what, another month? No one else seems to want to get to the bottom of it.
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    No one else seems to want to get to the bottom of it.
    Hello again, Steve:

As I recall, you guys had ALL your ducks lined up. You HAD the Constitution.. You had the press. You had it ALL. It certainly looked to ME like you HAD gotten to the bottom of it. You argued with me exactly like you KNEW what you were arguing about... But, no, huh?

ALL the countries in the world think THEY got to the bottom of it. No, huh? The International Monetary Fund thinks it has gotten to the bottom of it... But, not yet, according to you wingers... But, more importantly, YOUR OWN COUNTRY thinks it has gotten to the bottom of it. But, nope. Not yet.

Only Jim DeMint can GET to the bottom of it... Riiiiiight. Who are you kidding?

You know, your question above sounds suspiciously like "why doesn't he produce his birth certificate?".

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 09:14 AM
    As I recall, you guys had ALL your ducks lined up. You HAD the Constitution.. You had the press. You had it ALL. It certainly looked to ME like you HAD gotten to the bottom of it. You argued with me exactly like you KNEW what you were arguing about... But, no, huh?
    You're becoming quite spinmeister, ex. My argument hasn't changed, I have only acknowledged the facts which happen to include that the Honduran government acknowledged the military went beyond the court's order in removing Zelaya from the country.

Norma Gutierrez prepared a report for Congress which concluded what I said, the case against Zelaya was supported by constitutional and statutory law. Removing him from the country was not. This boneheaded administration chose to get all knee-jerky and withdraw support and label it a coup in spite of the fact that there is no one person or entity that has taken control of the country. The country of The Honduras was not overthrown, the president was removed from office for legal reasons.

Only Jim DeMint can GET to the bottom of it... Riiiiiight. Who are you kidding?
    Never said that, I think we owe them more than what this administration has given them, more than aligning with a wannabe dictator crony of Chavez, a guy who even Obama has now backed away from.

You know, your question above sounds suspiciously like "why doesn't he produce his birth certificate?".

What have you been smoking this morning?
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Speaking of Honduras and the Senator... no, not that Senator, I'm speaking of Lurch himself. Lurch wants the Law Library of Congress to retract its report which said the removal of the wannabe dictator was constitutional:

WASHINGTON -- The chairmen of the House and Senate foreign relations committees are asking the Law Library of Congress to retract a report on the military-backed coup in Honduras that they charge is flawed and "has contributed to the political crisis that still wracks'' the country.

The request, by Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass. And Rep. Howard Berman, D-Calif. has sparked cries of censorship from Republicans who say the Democrats don't like what the August report said: that the government of Honduras had the authority to remove President Manuel Zelaya from office.

Zelaya has been holed up at the Brazilian embassy in Tegucigalpa for several weeks, and high-ranking U.S. officials arrived Wednesday to try to broker a resolution.

Critics of the Obama administration -- which condemned Zelaya's removal in June -- have pointed to the report as evidence that the White House was wrong when it sided with most Latin American countries in calling for Zelaya to be returned.

Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C. charged that "it was this administration that cut off aid to one of the poorest countries in Latin America and it was this administration that demanded Honduras reinstate a would-be dictator. Attempts like this to attack any critic and silence any opposition are harmful and should stop immediately."
    How exactly did this report contribute to the crisis and why the heck are Democrats so intent on siding with the dictators? Imagine what would happen if Bush had tried to censor the Law Library of Congress to cover for being so wrongheaded...
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 10:16 AM

How exactly did this report contribute to the crisis..
    That's easy .It created a gaping hole in the lie that there was a military coup.

Speaking of Penn . He and Michael Douglas are in Cuba seeking audience with Fidel for Vanity Fair .Maybe they want to know which movies Fidel likes . Penn also said he wants to film a flix in Venezuela.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That's easy .It created a gaping hole in the lie that there was a military coup.

Speaking of Penn . He and Michael Douglas are in Cuba seeking audience with Fidel for Vanity Fair .Maybe they want to know which movies Fidel likes . Penn also said he wants to film a flix in Venezuela.
    Maybe while he's filming in Venezuela he can find out if Chavez really stinks or not. Heck, maybe they can take a 3 minute shower together.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 08:01 AM
    This should make you happy, ex, under pressure from the Obama administration an agreement has been reached to return Zelaya to power. I'm not sure how it's "a triumph for Honduran democracy" as Zelaya says as much as it is a triumph for the kind of interventionism Obama supposedly hated. At least Zelaya can sit there virtually powerless propped up by the U.S. for 5 weeks and Obama can claim another 'victory.'

Meanwhile the law library of Congress told Lurch what he could do with his request.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 03:39 AM
    Meanwhile Daniel Ortega seeing the world and the US support a would be dictator has forced the Nicaraguan Supreme Court into permitting his permanent reelection.

The United States on Thursday expressed concern about a Nicaraguan court ruling that opens the way for leftist President Daniel Ortega to seek re-election in the 2011 election.
    Nicaragua's Supreme Court on Monday issued a ruling that helped to clear the way for Ortega to run for another term, following a petition from him and a group of mayors last week. The country's electoral court said it would comply with the ruling.
    The U.S. State Department questioned the way the court had reached its decision, and said the move threatens democratic governance.
    "The ruling appears to short-circuit, through legal maneuverings, the open and transparent consideration by the Nicaraguan people of the possibility for presidential re-election," State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said in a statement.
    "We share the concern of many Nicaraguans that this situation is part of a larger pattern of questionable and irregular governmental actions," Kelly added.
    washingtonpost.com

What the..! Now I'm speechless. The contrary positions of the Obama administration boggles the mind. How can they oppose Ortega's move after they supported Zelaya's??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory(?) powers of a you.S. Senator [ 0 Answers ]

Not even sure if statutory is correct word to use, but was curious to know what if any legal powers does a U.S. Senator possess while in office; for instance a judge can legally marry people. It's not a judge's main job, but is a particular function available to them in their position. Does...

Kudos to Senator Webb [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: We have 5% of the world's population; we have 25% of the world's known prison population. We have an incarceration rate in the United States, the world's greatest democracy, that is five times as high as the average incarceration rate of the rest of the world. There are only two...

Senator Craig [ 27 Answers ]

Here's a question: what do you think of Craig's claim that he never sought counsel from an attorney, copped a plea to avoid an embarrassing public spectacle, but never really committed the crime he has been accused of? He is now contemplating revoking his plea and fighting the case in court. ...

View more questions Search